WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I purchase the Seiko Orange Monster. Can anyone recommend a website to purchase from? Been waiting to purchase one. Love that watch. Thanks...

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Greetings Pete and Welcome

I purchased the set :) (Orange and Black Monster) from Long Island Watch. They are a forum sponsor and provide excellent service.

You'll be very pleased I expect, they are the best value watch that I own.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Go to the list of forum sponsors to get one that way your supporting WUS! If not they can be found on Amazon and eBay reasonably priced, if you use eBay make sure you buy from an established seller with good feedback to be safe!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Buy it from Long Island Watch. Not only are they a forum sponsor, but you will receive outstanding customer service from Marc and you will get a 100% authentic OM. If you are in the States, he has free shipping I believe. Call him up with any questions. Atleast give him a chance to earn your business.

His info is:

Marc Frankel, Owner
Island Watch
www.longislandwatch.com
516-769-2112

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
I get mine on the Bay. There are a couple of sellers with 5,000+ sales and good feedback. Safe as houses (not US houses!!!).

·
Banned
1,112 Posts
I have 5 Monsters, 4 of them from eBay, and I never had a problem. I bought mine all shiny and new for an average of about $140, but you can get gently used on eBay if you look hard enough for under $100.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got mine from Amazon, and they did not outsource it to another supplier...right from Amazon. But looking at the Long Island site, if I were to go get a black monster, I would get it there.

·
Registered
499 Posts
If you're not dead set on a brand new one, the sales forum is an excellent place to find gently used OM/BM's. However, patience is a virtue with this option... may take a few days.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I got my from a 5 sources - the sales forum, Long Island, Amazon, the bay,and Yobokies (when modding).

Which one would I recommend..... All of them.... in the order that I listed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've purchased two Seiko divers on this forum - an OM for $120 and most recently a 007 for $125. Both are in 95%+ condition; the sellers included shipping and Paypal fees in the price, and I feel safe enough buying from other WUS members. Keep an eye on the "for sale" forum and join Paypal if you haven't already. Ebay auctions look great, but often you're buying from overseas and I'm a little put off by the higher shipping costs, plus the disclaimer about the buyer having to pay possible custom fees. Haven't gone down that road, so others' mileage may vary.

Lastly, because I'm paying so little, it's easy to get addicted to the idea of modifying them. Below I've attached a photo of a recent mod by Jay at MotorCity WatchWorks. Nothing too fancy, but he does great work for about the cost of the watch - specifically, bead blasting the case, bezel, crown and bracelet, re-painting the bezel, and installing a new chapter ring.

·
Registered
55 Posts
damn I wish I could find any monster that cheap!

most seem to go around the $160+ mark, even used! does my head in!

(FWIW - my better half got me an orange monster for christmas and I want to mod it something fierce but I know better, hence looking for a used one ;))

·
Registered
38 Posts
Don't forget discount watch store in Connecticut. They match any other advertised price or even better. I bought a Mako there, beat the others by about eight dollars. I bought at JomaShop, they were good too. I bought a citizen on their flash sale. Beat the others by about 30 bucks. My next watch will probably be at discount watch, can't go wrong with the price guarantee, free shipping. Look around, one never knows on sales.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts