WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a look at this, I have never really been fond of the Orient bezel on my black Mako, so when my 007 quit on me I swapped the all back bezel over to my 009 and took my pepsi bezel and did a little measuring, it turns out the 009 bezel will slide right on to the Mako like a glove, even the beveled edge of the crystal is a perfect match, the only difference being the Seiko has a very fine extruding notch around the bezel mount and the Orient has a small groove, you can take a piece of fine wire and lay it in the groove and the Seiko bezel will click right on and rotate and as if it were made for the Orient, makes the watch look nice and tall because the case back is a couple mm's thicker on the orient have a look and tell me what you think, I love it, can't seem to get it off my wrist the past few days.|>

·
Banned
5,850 Posts
Interesting. I like it a lot. Does it have 60 or 120 clicks?

With Seiko 7s hands fitting the Orient post and the 007 bezel fitting also, the mod potential for the Orient is pretty large.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. I like it a lot. Does it have 60 or 120 clicks?

With Seiko 7s hands fitting the Orient post and the 007 bezel fitting also, the mod potential for the Orient is pretty large.
Not sure about how many clicks but I would assume the same as the 009, because the thin trim ring that the bezel clicks on is the same on both watches that should make it the same as the 009 because of the notches on the SKX bezel. I love this Seiko bezel, always have, in fact that is the one part of the watch that has always drawn me to the Seiko divers, very hard to find another watch of any kind that has that look, I just ordered 2 Kronos PVD SBS Military divers, one is non dated and the other is a dated Mission Timer, great looking bezel on those as well, 200m, screw down crown and case back and opted for the quartz movement just to mix it up abit.|>

·
Banned
5,850 Posts
so what aftermarket bezel inset would look good with the mako?

i wonder if the SKX007 chapter ring would fit the mako dial.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so what aftermarket bezel inset would look good with the mako?

i wonder if the SKX007 chapter ring would fit the mako dial.

Looks like the Seiko Chapter ring is wider than the Orient, a military style inset would look great.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Interesting.... so the SKX171 bezel should also fit....

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
I am not at all surprised.. I used some gears from an Orient 46943 movement to fix my Seiko 7002 diver.. In fact, one of the gears on the Seiko was plastic and the replacement from the Orient was metal..

Please count the number of clicks that you now have with the modded Mako.. Would be nice if it has increased to 120..

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I just have to bump this..
Been searching for a good while now and until now was convinced SKX007 bezels would not fit a Mako.

Has anyone else did this, have pictures?

Also
"the only difference being the Seiko has a very fine extruding notch around the bezel mount and the Orient has a small groove, you can take a piece of fine wire and lay it in the groove and the Seiko bezel will click right on and rotate and as if it were made for the Orient"

If someone could explain this better for me I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
9,275 Posts
I, too, am all ears. The 007 bezel would be a dandy replacement for the scratched one on my Mako.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I just have to bump this..
"the only difference being the Seiko has a very fine extruding notch around the bezel mount and the Orient has a small groove, you can take a piece of fine wire and lay it in the groove and the Seiko bezel will click right on and rotate and as if it were made for the Orient"

If someone could explain this better for me I would appreciate it.
I think the OP is refering to the bezel ring located inside the bezel. It looks like a "C" bent in different places to hold the bezel in place. The wire sits in a grove and rotates around the watch case when in the groove. If you remove the bezel, look inside and you will see the wire. Maybe the wire on the Mako needs to be smaller??
The wire when seating on the watch is what you hear when the "POP" sound is made putting the bezel back on.

I'm suprised no one has done more bezel mods to the Mako?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
looks very nice |>

im not an expert in seikos, so which modelnumber i need to search for a bezel thats fits on a mako?
The op used a SKX009 (or SKX007 is the same bezel, different bezel insert colour)
Don't know which other Seiko bezels would fit; they are mostly about the same size..

1 - 20 of 67 Posts