WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Great to know about this!
Anyone knows if Seiko dials and hands are compatible?
If yes, it would open a new world to Orient modding!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
It's possible to mount a full-size SKX bezel (SKX007 / 171) on the Mako by installing a 7548/6309 case back gasket onto the groove of the bezel mount on the Mako. However, the bezel no longer rotates because it's a tight fit. It's conceivable that using a slightly thinner gasket can make bezel turn again but that's an exercise for someone else. Maybe try a bezel gasket from the mid-size SKX diver (SKX031).

Pics (bezel doesn't turn):

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
It's possible to mount a full-size SKX bezel (SKX007 / 171) on the Mako by installing a 7548/6309 case back gasket onto the groove of the bezel mount on the Mako. However, the bezel no longer rotates because it's a tight fit. It's conceivable that using a slightly thinner gasket can make bezel turn again but that's an exercise for someone else. Maybe try a bezel gasket from the mid-size SKX diver (SKX031).

Right.
Thanks for that explanation now I know what the OP meant.
Ebay sells bags full of cheap thin useless gaskets, perhaps one of them will fit.

Edit
Did you also install the (Mako) spring wire which keeps the bezel in place?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I think the OP put a piece of thin (and perhaps springy) wire into the bezel groove... instead of a rubber gasket. Maybe that would allow the bezel to move...

·
Premium Member
576 Posts

wow the second picture looks great, that bezel gives the mako a total different look
now im really thinking about swapping the bezel and maybe changing the hands to some bigger swordstyle hands

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Looks like I'll be ordering a 007 bezel in the next few days :)

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Right.
Did you also install the (Mako) spring wire which keeps the bezel in place?
There's no wire on the bezel mount (groove). If you meant the leaf spring/click spring, it's installed.

I think the OP put a piece of thin (and perhaps springy) wire into the bezel groove... instead of a rubber gasket. Maybe that would allow the bezel to move...
I've tried the thin wire method. There's a high degree of difficulty in fashioning a thin wire into a perfect circular shape that must seat perfectly onto the groove (bezel mount) without slack. I'm sure someone has better kung-fu and patience in performing such an endeavor. I took the easy way out and used a rubber o-ring (6309/7548 case back gasket) instead.

Please do keep us informed (with pics) if someone else tries it on their own Mako.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Would if be feasible to use a length of thin spring wire and clip it into the bezel groove?

21 - 40 of 67 Posts