WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oke guys here it comes.
My Orient Ray bezel had come to its end, so i ordered a new skx007 bezel and replaced the bezel of my skx009 with the 007 bezel. This because I didn't like my blue face Ray with the 007 bezel and the 007 bezel fits the black/grey face of my Seiko.
So i tried to get the bezel on my Ray, but it was to wide. The original rubber gasket was not thick enough.
After that I took a paperclip and bend it in a circular shape. With this paperclip as a gasket the bezel slipped on, but het comes the problem!
My bezel is now stuck and I cannot remove it by any chance.
Anybody a good tip to remove the bezel from my Ray?
Want to make it to turn again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fixed! Just went to a watchmaker, he helped me get the bezel of. Now we added a gasket of 0,8mm and the bezel turn hard. I'm gonna look for a thinner gasket so the bezel will turn like it is supposed to. If you intend to do the swap just ask me anything.

·
Registered
364 Posts
thanks!
I really like the mako's dial, and it seems to look sick with the seiko bezels.

vladimirp, could you please verify what parts do I need to get a fully functional (rotating) bezel on a mako?

Mako
SKX bezel with a chosen insert (BTW, Alpha PO insert fits the SKX bezel - I checked it recently)
gasket/wire???

Also, how to remove the old mako bezel? the same way as on seikos? Just insert some knife between bezel and case?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, have been busy.
I just used a rubber o-ring/gasket of 0.8mm and 34-35mm diameter(not sure on the diameter).
The bezel turns, but it turns hard.
I am looking for a smaller o-ring, 0.6-0.7mm should be the correct one.
You could also use a wire of this thickness.
As far as clicks, of you use the original mako/ray click system (don't know the official name) you will have 60 clicks.

For the removing part, yes just with a knife.
Just take into consideration that the bezel could be hard to remove, I have damaged my Ray bezel while removing, thats why I replaced it by a Seiko one.
Good luck and let me know

·
Registered
697 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, have been busy.
I just used a rubber o-ring/gasket of 0.8mm and 34-35mm diameter(not sure on the diameter).
The bezel turns, but it turns hard.
I am looking for a smaller o-ring, 0.6-0.7mm should be the correct one.
You could also use a wire of this thickness.
As far as clicks, of you use the original mako/ray click system (don't know the official name) you will have 60 clicks.

For the removing part, yes just with a knife.
Just take into consideration that the bezel could be hard to remove, I have damaged my Ray bezel while removing, thats why I replaced it by a Seiko one.
Good luck and let me know
Thanks for the info. I am thinking about modding one myself. Do you happen to know if the standard SkX007 gaskets will suffice to attach the skx007/009 bezel to the orient? -> Standard Seiko Diver Caseback Gaskets 5 pcs - DAGAZ WATCH LTD.

I also found quite a wide variety of bezels (unfortunately not an orange one): Web Store - DAGAZ WATCH LTD.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well the standard seiko bezel gasket is to thin so it won't hold the bezel to your ray.
I'm still looking for the right gasket but I'm pretty sure It should be 0,7mm thick.
I used a 0,7 metal wire this summer, but after 2 weeks beach the bezel made funny sounds. After removing the bezel I noticed the wire got rusty so I replaced it again with a 0,8mm gasket.
The thing is the bezel turns really hard now.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Im wondering if Im the only one, who is thinking the other way around?!

= Is it possible to fit an Orient bezel on a SKX007/9 diver?! If so (and of course if it rotates with clicks) this would be a great way to get a coin-edge bezel on a skx

But my guess is, that I cant be the first to think about this, and sicne I never saw such a mod ... I think its not possible?!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Any answers on the smaller gasket?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im wondering if Im the only one, who is thinking the other way around?!

= Is it possible to fit an Orient bezel on a SKX007/9 diver?! If so (and of course if it rotates with clicks) this would be a great way to get a coin-edge bezel on a skx

But my guess is, that I cant be the first to think about this, and sicne I never saw such a mod ... I think its not possible?!
I'm interested in the same! Has anyone tried to get an Orient bezel on the skx007? I'm actually looking to get an Orient Ray-looking bezel for the skx. If not the Orient bezel works with the skx, does anyone have other ideas on custom bezels for the skx (besides the Murphy ones)?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Will the bezel insert of an SKX007 fit onto the bezel of an Orient Mako? (eg. switch black insert with green)

Thanks

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Will the bezel insert of an SKX007 fit onto the bezel of an Orient Mako? (eg. switch black insert with green)

Thanks
No, it will not fit. The SKX bezel insert is flat and the Mako insert is sloped. The Mako bezel insert landing also has notches in it.

The best solution right now is the Yobokies coin-edge bezel with any flavor of SKX insert. I've tried the SKX bezel swap using different size gaskets and wires and couldn't get a secure fit.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts