WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm going to have to try this. I've got a Mako II and started having buyer's remorse when I saw one with a pepsi bezel. Mine is just blue. And because it is the Mako II, the bezel insert is pretty unique and not an easy one to just swap out. Swaping the whole bezel would give me not only a customized look, but it would also open up a world of bezel inserts I could put in it. I'm going to get a bezel for an SKX and a bezel insert that I like and hope it all works. If it doesn't then I guess I'll buy an SKX and mod that and flip it. Modding a watch pretty much pays for itself because it is always worth more than the cost of parts in the end. The time put in it doesn't even factor because that is all part of the fun. :) It's like getting paid to have fun! Anyway, when I get the bezel and everything I'll post a walkthrough so we have something more recent than a thread that is several years old. Here's hoping it all works well!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Very nice. Can anyone confirm or deny that this works with the Mako/Ray IIs without the day pusher? Or are there slight case size variances that prevent it?

·
Registered
15,216 Posts
I went the more traditional way and used a bezel wire.

Also the bezel is unidirectional and clicks perfectly. You have to adjust the click spring to account for the deeper cutouts on the skx bezel but it works really well. Like it was meant for the mako!
Could I trouble you to explain this?

As for the wire -- what gauge?

'Bezel' wire? I googled, so I know what it looks like, but what make a wire specifically made for a bezel?

If I ditch the wire, would the bezel then be BI-directional? ... which I don't mind, if the bezel is snug and the friction is enough to keep it in place.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'd really love a guide on this too :) Would other bezels designed for SKX work with this too? I really like some of the custom bezels people make for SKX.
If yes, all I need is the bezel wire of correct length and gauge?

61 - 67 of 67 Posts