WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this on the ABC forum, thought I'd post here just in case anyone interested in this model:

I'll write some more initial observations later just wanted to post pics and see what people thought. Build quality is great, service from Seiya was perfect. Even the packaging was impresive. Cant believe how fast it got to Los Angeles from Japan...very cool. I was also worried about the light function but as you can see looks perfect. Overall I am very satisfied with it, quality, service and style. Let me know if you have any questions.

Here are some pictures, just got it:

What you guys think?

PS: You can also see the Movado I just got:
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=2031211&mode=linear#post2031211

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
I love it! Great throwback....reminds me of my Texas Instruments digital watch I first owned as a kid (yes I'm dating myself :)). With the battery gauge it almost looks like it could double as a cell phone.

Tell me has is sync'd yet? And was it manual or auto sync.

Cheers and thanks for sharing! Here's to the 70's!!

EDIT: also would love to see your review of it in the review section after wearing it for a couple of weeks :)

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
I love it! Great throwback....reminds me of my Texas Instruments digital watch I first owned as a kid (yes I'm dating myself :)). With the battery gauge it almost looks like it could double as a cell phone.

Tell me has is sync'd yet? And was it manual or auto sync.

Cheers and thanks for sharing! Here's to the 70's!!
It is a 5 band auto sync watch. It should get reception from the following atomic transmitters:

Japan (2) JPY 60/40
USA (1) WWVB
Germany (1) DCF-77
UK (1) MSF transmitter

Its a solar powered movement has has world time for 28 cities I believe.

The next closest market equivalent to the Seiko Power Design Project LCD watch, is my German made Junghans Mega 1000:

It can only capture 4 bands (Japan, USA and Germany), battery powered instead of solar and only has dual time. But it is a damn sweet watch.

I am seriously thinking about the Seiko SBPG001 after seeing Mario's photos.:-!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just came back from getting is sized...the jewler really liked it. Wanted to know where I go and how much, etc...said its a shame they dont sell these in the states. I took as a good compliment considering the very nice high end watches he carries.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I am curious about the strap size that would fit this watch? It could look really great on a leather strap.
I am also curious about the lug size of the junghans. I like how they have placed the buttons on it.

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
I am curious about the strap size that would fit this watch? It could look really great on a leather strap.
I am also curious about the lug size of the junghans. I like how they have placed the buttons on it.
I am not wearing my Junghans Mega today, but I'll be happy to send you the lug measurement when I get home later this afternoon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don´t like one thing in such a watch; the fact of not having chime. If they had the initiative of making a new digital seiko, it could be more complete. I have this one. It has chime, count down, cronometer, flourescent light, and the week days are moving in the led till they reach the end of the screen (corresponding to the end of the week). But I am looking for a watch with a more classic looking, like this seiko.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts