WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Long time lurker, infrequent poster.

At long last, I am selling my Seiko Premier Automatic SPB001. It's a striking watch and great value for the money, but it just doesn't get the wrist time it deserves. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the watch, I point you to djmm's remarkably in-depth review that prompted me to buy this watch in the first place:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f304/rev...matic-spb001-pics-high-def-videos-260423.html

I will shamelessly copy the specifications from that review for those of you who want the down and dirty, but will add my comments below.
- Case width: 42mm

- Weight: 150gms
- Sapphire crystal with display back
- Solid Stainless steel case & bracelet
- Movement: Seiko 6R20 with 29 jewels and 209 parts
- Hi-beat 28,800 bph
- 45 hours power reserve
- Handwindable and hackable
- 10-bar water resistance
- Day, date, and power reserve indicator
- Engraved rotor
- Made in Japan

Here's my brief take. This is an in-house movement with three complications. The build quality and finishing are outstanding. It looks aggressive and feels substantial on the wrist. If it wasn't a Seiko, it would have cost a lot more money. All functions work as they should.

There is a negative that I want to point out about mine. It has a noticeable ding on the bezel at the 1 o'clock marker. I knew about it when I bought, and am passing that information on. I have tried to capture it in the photos.

DSC00457.JPG DSC00464.JPG DSC00465.JPG DSC00466.JPG DSC00467.JPG

For some reason, I cannot find the extra links that I removed. Bracelet is currently sized for a 6.5" wrist. This deficiency is reflected in the asking price, $500 shipped in CONUS, $475 face-to-face in NYC and NJ. Comes with box and papers as depicted. Speedmaster not included or for sale! If I find the mising links before the watch is sold, asking price will go up randomly. If I find those links after the watch is sold, I will send them along to the buyer at no extra charge.

Any questions, please PM. Thanks for looking!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts