WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

For over a century, Seiko has developed and refined its mechanical watchmaking skills. In 1956, Seiko made its first automatic watch and now, pays homage to the original Seiko Automatic with the Seiko Automatic 60th Anniversary Limited Edition SARW027, which will be introduced in the Presage line.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Design Inspired by the Seiko's 1st Automatic Model:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Drawing inspiration from Seiko's heritage in mechanical watchmaking, the Seiko Automatic 60th Anniversary Limited Edition is designed with a similar layout including the shade and shadow of the original curved pale ivory dial.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

The watch is offered in a limited edition of just 1,956.

Specifications: SARW027

 Caliber 6R27 Automatic
o Driving system: Automatic with manual winding mechanism
o Power reserve: 45 hours
o Accuracy: -15 to +25 seconds per day
o Number of jewels: 29 jewels
 Case: Stainless Steel
o Dual-curved sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating
o Screw see-through case back
o Water resistance 10 Bar
o Diameter: 40.5mm
 Band
o Crocodile strap with tri-fold push button released clasp

 Recommended retail price in USD: $1,100
 Limited Edition of 1,956 pieces

Contact your nearest Seiko Boutique or Authorized Dealer to Pre-Order. Delivery is expected at the end of December through early January.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Oh my…(initial reaction to first photo)
Oh…(not really feeling that PR indicator)
Oh dear…(it’s all gone a bit too Swiss-like – 1956 pieces? That’s really not limited at all)

A pretty decent price though.

·
Registered
7,721 Posts
I like this one actually. I wouldn't buy it (Urushi FTW) but it's nice and very well designed/proportioned.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
This is fine and all, but since there is a dedicated forum for non-Grand Seikos, can we please keep such posts to that area.

I clicked expecting a new Grand Seiko model, but this is really just shilling for the Seiko corporation.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I like the watch with the exception of the power reserve indicator. That power reserve indicator ended the interest.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is fine and all, but since there is a dedicated forum for non-Grand Seikos, can we please keep such posts to that area.

I clicked expecting a new Grand Seiko model, but this is really just shilling for the Seiko corporation.
You will find in the rules of this forum that all "luxury" Seiko's are opened for discussion. Only select Presage models will be discussed, basically if they are over $1,000. There will also be discussions of Credor, Galante, Prospex Master series, and occasionally Astron models. Grand Seiko will always remain the main focus and there will be plenty of content on GS. This model, however, will only be available at select Grand Seiko dealers and has been incredibly popular with GS collectors so far. It is a perfectly fine topic of discussion as stated in the rules of this forum since its start. I want to provide content that will appeal to everyone at various price levels. Many people out there have loved Presage. Unfortunately, the Seiko/Citizen forum is not dedicated to Seiko solely or higher end models of Seiko. I am in no way trying to shill product, just share info that may interest people.

Also, the title of this thread was not misleading or mentioning Grand Seiko. I do apologize about any confusion on the rules of this forum.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Orient Star version was more faithful to the original. The SARW027 is nice, but all I see when I look at it is a SARW025 with a new dial, and the rotor and crown from the Presage chronos, with $400 added to the price.
The Orient Star does have a very similar look to the original. The location of the PR and case shape being major factors. They've had this design around for quite some time. The only thing about the Orient star is they can't do the domed sapphire for that model, or if they did it would really increase the cost. This as well as the 60th Anniversary Presage Chronographs, which mimicked attributes of the 1913 Laurel) are modern interpretations as opposed to true recreations.

There are other contributing factors that increase cost in comparing the SARW025 to the 027. The 027 has domed dial and curved hand set indices along with the hand bent seconds hand, which add to cost. The crown and rotor are other small contributing factors. Also, if you were to compare yen retail prices between the 2 models (since the 025 is not sold in the US) it is a $260 difference. I hope this is some help in explaining.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just received my new SARW027 from ChinoWatch the other day. Got a great deal, and now I see they are sold out again. I was looking for something nice to wear with a suit and all I can say is I'm smitten. First automatic Seiko to join my Alpina and Sinn collection tool watch holdings, and I'm afraid this might be the gateway purchase to a Grand Seiko soon. I love the subtle clean aesthetic with just the right amount of polish, and the nice wood box adds just the right feel of Japanese quality. I thought I would like the watch from the pictures, but it really is beautiful to hold and wear. I like it even more than I thought I would. Even my wife, who could care less about men's watches, pulled it out of the box to take a closer look after remarking on the watch's highly refined look. The only problem I'm going to have is not wanting to put a blemish on this beautiful thing when I'd really like to wear it all the time.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have the sister model the SARW025 and absolutely love it. Contrary to someone's post earlier, I find the power reserve indicator incredibly useful and think that Seiko has integrated it into the design nicely and was a major factor in my decision to buy the watch. The photos however don't show just how thick this watch is - 13mm if I recall correctly so it does sit tall on the wrist which is not quite in keeping with the dressy style.

Since I don't wear gold anything, the SARW027 is not of interest to me personally although I did stop and appreciate the look of it. The 025 is available for just over $500 if you look around and at that price represents a real bargain.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts