WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked with a few of the 19 Official Seiko Outlets that were posted last week by boatme98, and it turns out some of them are having a sale this weekend, Dec. 6-9, Thursday through Sunday. The store starts out with a limited selection, no Grands , Credors, or Velaturas. You get 25% off regular retail, as their regular starting point. Then you get another 25% off. Starting Thurs. , friends and family get an additional 25% off.

For example:
The SKA201 Arctura Kinetic/date, is a silver steel with white face. It's regular price is 429+/-. They have it at 318.25. To simplify, I'm going to take both 25%'s off at once=159.12. I've seen similar watches on Amazon and ebay in the 199 to 229 range. But this one is nicer, IMHO, because of it's elegance and simplicity. There's no numbers, except the date. To the 159.12, you add tax and shipping. Depending on where you live, the total should be in the 180 delivered range. Check to see if this includes a box, warranty, and manual. I'll check tomorrow to be sure.

Ideally, if you're close, stop by, because they also have what I call FR/FD. These are watches that may have be on display for a while, or have a pin missing from the bracelet, or a scratch. For this they usually take off 50 to 100.

The one I drive closest to is the Tanger Outlet in Commerce, Georgia. It's about halfway between Greenville and Atlanta. 706 335 1980. Brittany and Constance. They were both very nice and helpful.

Good luck. :)

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
I checked with a few of the 19 Official Seiko Outlets that were posted last week by boatme98, and it turns out some of them are having a sale this weekend, Dec. 6-9, Thursday through Sunday. The store starts out with a limited selection, no Grands , Credors, or Velaturas. You get 25% off regular retail, as their regular starting point. Then you get another 25% off. Starting Thurs. , friends and family get an additional 25% off.

For example:
The SKA201 Arctura Kinetic/date, is a silver steel with white face. It's regular price is 429+/-. They have it at 318.25. To simplify, I'm going to take both 25%'s off at once=159.12. I've seen similar watches on Amazon and ebay in the 199 to 229 range. But this one is nicer, IMHO, because of it's elegance and simplicity. There's no numbers, except the date. To the 159.12, you add tax and shipping. Depending on where you live, the total should be in the 180 delivered range. Check to see if this includes a box, warranty, and manual. I'll check tomorrow to be sure.

Ideally, if you're close, stop by, because they also have what I call FR/FD. These are watches that may have be on display for a while, or have a pin missing from the bracelet, or a scratch. For this they usually take off 50 to 100.

The one I drive closest to is the Tanger Outlet in Commerce, Georgia. It's about halfway between Greenville and Atlanta. 706 335 1980. Brittany and Constance. They were both very nice and helpful.

Thanks so much for posting this; I just ordered my first Black Monster!! Can't wait!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're welcome Bloom. :) Which outlet did you stop by or call? Commerce, Georgia is a long way from Portland.

Congratulations on the Black Monster. It's a classic. :-!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Any of these sales online?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I called the store in williamsburg va, they have orange & black monsters in stock. the dude said about $160 out the door. They are open till 7 PM tonight. It's about a 45 min drive for me, I'm still debating on the drive.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
I called the store in williamsburg va, they have orange & black monsters in stock. the dude said about $160 out the door. They are open till 7 PM tonight. It's about a 45 min drive for me, I'm still debating on the drive.
Can't you get them cheaper than that on e-bay?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right now Amazon has a 20% off sale on selected Seiko watches, including the Orange Monster. I think the current price is 185-20%=147.89 plus taxes. Some have free shipping.

This goes through December 15.

You have to click on the special promo section. It will then list 20-30 watches that you can take an additional 20% off.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I drove the 45 mins yesterday. Picked up the OM for $167 w/ tax.
I thought about buying off ebay or an AD on-line, but it'd still cost me an extra $10 after that to get it sized right. Plus I got the chance to review and hold all the ones they had in stock before picking. I was tempted to buy a BM also, since it was $10 cheaper than the OM, but I passed. I think I'd like a little different look for a black face.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Right now Amazon has a 20% off sale on selected Seiko watches, including the Orange Monster. I think the current price is 185-20%=147.89 plus taxes. Some have free shipping.

This goes through December 15.

You have to click on the special promo section. It will then list 20-30 watches that you can take an additional 20% off.
Is this sale still going on? i didn't see the special promo section and was interested in ordering the orange monster.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I wish the Kenosha Seiko Outlet had Ti Sammys, Sumos, Spring Drives, Alpines, etc. All they ever have is a few Monsters, pokeman has the same watch for 1/2 if one gets lucky ($100). Most of the watches there are $50 Quartz Seikos...not even worth pulling off I-94 for a quick look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts