WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - looking for some advice - I have the opportunity to buy one of the above watches - they are both for sale for half price in my local Jewelers - my heart says the samurai, but I do appreciate the solar power and radio control of the Navihawk. The cost of servicing the Seiko concerns me, but it is gorgeous- any advice? Thanks so much, Alan

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Without knowing which exact model you are looking at, I'd take the Citizen.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I found it is CB5840-59E with the E660 that includes a chrono. Amazing watch but a bit large for me. I'm also not too crazy about mesh brackets. If this is the only option I might change my vote to Seiko.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found it is CB5840-59E with the E660 that includes a chrono. Amazing watch but a bit large for me. I'm also not too crazy about mesh brackets. If this is the only option I might change my vote to Seiko.
Thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
Seiko for me. The Citizen is too big at 46mm.

Edit:. If you want a super accurate grab and go, though, the Citizen may be a better option for you

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi - looking for some advice - I have the opportunity to buy one of the above watches - they are both for sale for half price in my local Jewelers - my heart says the samurai, but I do appreciate the solar power and radio control of the Navihawk. The cost of servicing the Seiko concerns me, but it is gorgeous- any advice? Thanks so much, Alan
I understand your quandary. I have a trio of mechanical Seiko dive watches, including an orange-dial Samurai modded with a sapphire crystal and after-market steel bezel. I also have a Casio G-Shock and Citizen Waveceptor, both with Multiband 6 radio timekeeping and solar power, that together cost less than any of my Seikos. Ideally, I would say you should get both. If cost is an issue or if you just want one watch, I think solar quartz is more practical and functional. I recommend that you look beyond the Navihawk, to the Citizen Edifice line and Casio Pro-Trek and Frogman.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Seiko all the way! Seiko divers are just something else (not that the navihawk would be a bad choice). Does one fit better in your collection than the other?

·
Registered
11,644 Posts
I love the Samurai and that would be my choice. The Navihawk is cool, but I often lose interest in all those functions after a while. Of course, having a grab and go like that is also handy.

So, I guess I'm saying pick the one you'd like. For me, it would be the Sammy.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Go with your heart - the Citizen is too big and the dial looks like you're staring into the maw of a future technological apocalypse.

Save us. Don't buy it.

·
Premium Member
4,391 Posts
If you can see yourself using the various functions and features that come with the Navihawk, then go with the Navihawk. If not, the Seiko Samurai may be the more practical route to go with.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Those two watches are so dissimilar it likes asking 'should I buy the Ford pickup or get the VW Beetle.
If you want a big, busy, quartz dial watch-a-ma-callit go with the citizen, but if you want a reasonably sized, ISO dive watch get the Samurai (and what service costs? Seikos last years (and years), not talking those fragile omegas here, just good old work horse seiko samurai).

But if a quartz with multi-function is something you are thinking about go look at a casio pro trek (full disclosure I recently bought the 600-1 Safari and I love it, been wearing it weeks now without taking it off). Much more useful than the citizen, prettier to look at and seriously, 2/3s the size and half the weight.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts