WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like some opinions on the Seiko SARB series. Very interested in adding one to my collection but would like to know what SARB people own to help make my mind up (pictures if possible). No preference on dial colour or band type/colour.

To help kick it off, the SARB035 has caught my eye so far (pic from google):

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Get one. Best watches to be had for the money, even more unbelievable if you can get one used.

I actually had the 035 sold it for some reason. I also had an 021. The SARB017 is the one watch I will never sell. Wore it to my wedding, my college graduation, job interviews, and will be wearing it happily for the rest of my life. The only reason I don't have another SARB right now is that I have a small collection and impose limits on myself (1 per brand, for example).

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,715 Posts
Get one. Best watches to be had for the money, even more unbelievable if you can get one used.

I actually had the 035 sold it for some reason. I also had an 021. The SARB017 is the one watch I will never sell. Wore it to my wedding, my college graduation, job interviews, and will be wearing it happily for the rest of my life. The only reason I don't have another SARB right now is that I have a small collection and impose limits on myself (1 per brand, for example).

View attachment 762022 View attachment 762023 View attachment 762024
1 watch per brand? I admire your discipline.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I, too, had the principle of 1-watch-a-brand. I was convinced that the Monster was the one for me.

Till I saw the 065 in the flesh. It's so beautiful, that it took me only 3 seconds to decide to get it.

The SARB range are really beautiful and well finished. Definitely worth chucking the principle for.

Reactions: serdal23

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Buy one. They're unbelievable.

·
Banned
2,545 Posts
I have not owned any SARB model yet, but all of the models I see in this forum are gorgeous!

Go for it, my friend. You can not go wrong with any Seiko.

Capt. Serdal

·
Registered
49 Posts
Fully in accordance with you !!
Great finishes for case & bezel , bracelet , amazing dials , deep black , excellent keeping of time .
Buy one SARB : 17 , 21/23 , 33/35 , 65 etc ...the one you like .
You certainly can not go wrong !!!
I own the SARB 15
Two pics for you and for the friends of this section.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Premium Member
1,352 Posts
It's a Hadley-Roma Pilot Breitling Style Watch Band (Curved, 20mm). It was about $50 from global watchband.com. Very comfortable and nicely made for the price.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Just what I was thinking! ;-)
It is every bit as hard as it sounds. But once you open your mind a bit, there are a ton of great watches around the price of the SARB017 with bracelet (call it $700). I've got the Orient Star Seeker and Mido Multifort competing for the next slot in the box. And I got my Stowa for an absurd price. Patience pays off too.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think I've made decision to go with the SARB033, basically a black dial version of the one I've posted above (pic from static.zoovy.com):

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Classy enough for formal wear and still casual enough for everyday use. Plus, black dials look better on me than white or silver.

Would anyone happen to know of a dealer within Australia (Sydney preferable) that sells the SARB series. Haven't come across one yet. If not, anywhere good to buy it online?

Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not available in Australia.
I have a SARB045 coming from Chino Watch in Japan to Melbourne this week coming.:-d
Link for the 33 below.
Good family owned business with a long history with Seiko. Communications with them were great and order processed very quickly.
SARB033 SARB035 AUTOMATIC

1 - 20 of 46 Posts