WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just recently got my SARB035 back from the authorized Seiko service center where I had the original case swapped for a new one (owing to the original having case imperfections) only to notice that the replacement I got is also poorly finished. If you take a closer look, you'll notice that one of the lugs is poorly brushed, making it seem as though the brushed beveled edge isn't a continuous straight line. See pics below.

So, what am I supposed to do now? I already payed about $300 for a replacement case and don't intend to do so again. I thought about giving the Scotch Pad a go and see if I can brush the thing on my own. I'm really at a loss here so please help a fellow Seiko fan out.

Thanks!

P.S. Seiko QC is really starting to piss me off.

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
looks like the edge of the lug hasnt been machined correctly rather than a problem with the finishing.

in fact if you enlarge the image you can see the bevelled / polished edge has been over cut.

theres no way of improving this unfortunately

·
Premium Member
66,660 Posts
That finish is well below what I expect to see as the norm for an 035 so as Seiko fitted it complain loudly to them and let them know it’s not acceptable. If they try telling you it’s within tolerances - poppycock!

·
Registered
118 Posts
That's unacceptable IMO. I would email them this picture and politely but strongly ask for compensation. I had similar problems in the past with poor quality control in new Seikos, and I always sent them back to the seller for a replacement. The sad reality is that, when you buy a Seiko you take a chance. Most of them are OK, very few are perfect, and a few of them are pretty bad.
Good luck on that. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That's unacceptable IMO. I would email them this picture and politely but strongly ask for compensation. I had similar problems in the past with poor quality control in new Seikos, and I always sent them back to the seller for a replacement. The sad reality is that, when you buy a Seiko you take a chance. Most of them are OK, very few are perfect, and a few of them are pretty bad.
Good luck on that. Keep us posted.
I agree and I’d be equally frustrated. Send them pics and either ask for compensation or see if they can do a replacement case at their cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
525 Posts
I assume you've considered that it might be the same case refinished? Obviously this depends on what was wrong with the last one!

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I assume you've considered that it might be the same case refinished? Obviously this depends on what was wrong with the last one!
that's what I was thinking..

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Grrrrr, Yes I'm mad as well. Send them pics and I'm sure they will take care of what needs to be done. at their expense.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First of all, my honest apologies for not replying earlier.
Concerning Stuey63's remark about the case being refinished, upon receiving the watch with the new case, Seiko sent me the old case back, so there was no refinishing involved. In the meantime, I contacted my local Seiko service center and they agreed to send the watch, the old case and all the necessary papers and receipts to Germany (or the Netherlands, I really can't remember) to have it evaluated and checked by, what I was told, was the official Seiko service center for Europe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's roughly what I gathered. Currently I'm waiting for their reply as to what can be done. I promise to keep you up to date as soon as Seiko provides me with more info.
That being said, I really can't emphasize how much I appreciate all your input and suggestions.

·
Premium Member
66,660 Posts
Great news, everybody! Seiko contacted me and agreed to replace the watch case at their expense. Fingers crossed that this time I'll get a decent case and that I won't have to send the watch back again.
Great stuff. I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Glad to hear that you were able to get it sorted out. That case finishing was absolutely pitiful. Hopefully, the new case will be the way it should be.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts