WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi, dear members and seikoholics, Im relatively new to this forum, but nonetheless addicted to Seiko and citizen watches. I did a review of this beautiful watch, that we don’t talk much in here, the elegant Seiko sarb066 roman numbers. But first, I want to say that Im not an expert by any means and this is only my opinion based on this beautiful watch.
I bought this watch in may of 2011 from Mr. Higuchi and the experience was excellent and I highly recommended the vendor.
the watch specifications:case: SGP see through case
lug width: 20mm
crystal: hardlex (front and back)
diameter:40 mm (without the crown)
thickness: 13.1mm
movement: 6r15, 23 jewels automatic (with hand winding and hack function)
accuracy +25/-15 sec/day
power reserve: 50hrs
5 ATM water resistance
The watch is white face, with roman numbers the dial has some detail lines that make it very elegant the band is a red wine alligator that compliments the watch. This watch is a series of a cocktail time that it was a collaboration between Mr. Sinobu ishigaki and Seiko, who was a champion of Bacardi& martini grand prix 2005. My watch runs about -5 sec a day which I think is pretty good for a un regulator watch. I notice that some people really notice the watch, when I dress up, even casual, and I get lots of complements. I think for all the collectors who are looking for a nice dress watch, cocktail time collection is a good choice.
1024.jpg
1024.jpg
1024.jpg
1024.jpg
1024.jpg
1024.jpg

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thank you Chronos123 for your review, simple and straight to the point and congratulations for owning a beautiful and elegant time-piece indeed!

What you have essentially done is that you have done justice to this otherwise, under-stated model. Well, glory is daring to begin. :) IMHO, it is well balanced in design with its 'not too much' gold to add a tinge of elegance to the watch. This would settle the concern for those who are concerned that it gives too much 'bling'. No wonder it has been described as the "dressiest dress watch"! In addition, the gold plating by Seiko is durable. I have two gold-plated Seiko pieces which still look good and shiny after more than 20 years!

I hope this review would encourage more Sarb066 owners to share with the rest of us something about their 'prized catch'!
:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts