WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am fairly new to this forum and started looking for a Seiko Saw Tooth. A couple of questions if I may,

When I look on Sieko's web site, I do not see any divers, why?

How can I find out exactly which one Seiko makes and which is a fake?

On ebay, Pokemonu has the largest selection of saw tooths. Has anyone bought one from this seller? Pics? Do you like it or are they "Feikos"?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Pokeymonu and Premierworld are both great sellers. The reason you don't see it on the American Seiko page is that they tend to market their Higher End Quartz stuff in America. It's the same reason we rarely see any of their automatics, let alone their lower end divers or divers for that period. I think there is a particular forum on here that has trusted sellers, but if you ever have a Q? you can ask. But Pokey and Premier are both Legit and good sellers. But lately, Amazon has been selling cheaper than eBay on some watches, especially when you add shipping. There aren't a lot of Feiko's out there but the ones I've seen were pretty obvious fakes. Welcome to the forum and I know you'll enjoy the Seiko Divers, Seiko= more value per dollar than Swiss Marketing Hype.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I will also vouch for Pokemonyu (or however it's spelled) and Premierworld (I think they are actually one and the same). I have bought several watches from both with no problems. Just keep in mind the high shipping cost and the fact that with most watches you will not be receiving a box or paperwork, just your watch wrapped in bubblewrap.

By the way, I own a sawtooth, great watch!

Best, Mike W.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! One other question. How does the saw tooth compare to the eco-zilla in size? Pics would be great!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I think the Eco-Zilla wears much larger. The Sawtooth is pretty thin for a large diameter watch. Here is a pic of my Sawtooth on a Monster bracelet, kind of shows how low it sits on the wrist. By the way, I have small wrists, about 6.8", and the Sawtooth is very comfy.

Hope this helps, Mike W.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
The lume on the Sawtooth is also incredible :-!.

Best, Mike W.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awsome pics! Thanks a bunch. Now I have a harder choice to make between the eco-zilla and the saw tooth...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm liking the sawtooth as well, and planning on getting one in the new year sometime...

I was doing a little research and I understand that the bracelet is attached to the shroud which attaches to the watch case? So if I wanted to replace the bracelet with an olive zulu (NATO-style) strap, would it fit correctly and look "right"? I thought I remembered seeing pictures of them on nylon straps before, but now I can't seem to find any.

What is the lug width?

Thanks in advance to all of your informative responses :thanks

And to the creator of the thread: I haven't searched that extensively for this watch yet, but so far I've found that while pokemonyu has the lowest price I've seen ($155 buy it now), he also has the highest shipping ($28). I think you can get it a few dollars cheaper (total) on Amazon with free shipping. I'm still looking for the best deal though...I'm not in a big hurry.

·
Registered
817 Posts
The lug width on the Sawtooth is 20mm.

I had 2 of them, but recently sold my orange faced one. Now I only have the carbon fiber faced one but had it "modded" by Bob Thayer with a black Teflon finish. It was a great watch to begin with....incredible lume, as others have said, and very accurate!

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
It's definitely a unique, cool looking watch, but I would definitely bang it against something working in a tight corner.

And, just taking my watch off would be annoying because it could fall down or get dirty from my hands, or even lost.

And, I'm not saying I wouldn't bang any other watch, but the size along would make it difficult to adjust my wrist so I wouldn't bang anything.

I find a watches with 40mm can easy do this.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay, I bit the bullet and bought both a Saw tooth and an Eco-zilla from Amazon. I love big watches! I received them both very quickly. Check out the pics.

Forgive my personal opinions and I hope I do not offend anyone. I have for the last 4 years been wearing my Casio Sport Diver with the gold face. It is quite comfortable and wears large and is realitvely inexpensive. Sadly, I didn't much care for the Seiko Saw Tooth. It's size did not impress me and it was no larger than my Casio. Also, the case has sharp edges which seemed to dig into my wrist. BTW, my watch sits on the hand side of my wrist, not on the forearm side. This is probably why I could feel the edges. For $176.00, the Saw Tooth was not worth it and is going back.

Now onto the Eco-zilla. I love this watch. It sits high and proud on my wrist. It is quite heavy and also reads well. The sad part is that the rubber straps are very, very stiff. Being that I have skinny wrist for a 6'-2" tall man, the watch sat somewhat funny on my wrist. A friend has the Eco-zilla with the stainless steel bracelet and it felt quite comfortable. We'll see if the rubber strap Eco-zilla goes back for a stainless version. Thanks and long live big watches!

Attachments

·
Banned
274 Posts
Im the guy looking to get rid of the carbon dial sawtooth. Torrid called and referred me to the site. I bought it at the Mall of The Emirates in Dubai in 2007 just because it has carbon fiber on it. I never wore it til this Feb. It has been desk dived in til 4 days ago when I took it off for the last time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts