WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Seiko Sawtooth about 6 months ago and though I wanted this watch really bad, I just never loved it when I got it and subsequently hardly ever wore it.

I was ready to sell this watch a few days ago when I decided to see what it looked like on my "water proof" leather strap. The strap isn't really water proof but this thing is seriously battle tested and I don't even blink about getting it wet...in fact I enjoy getting it wet as you will see in the first few pics. Well, now I'm in love with the watch on leather and I'm glad I didn't move it.

The Sawtooth (dubbed as such because of the bezel appearance) is listed at 48mm in diameter and 12mm in height. Though powered by a quartz movement, it's a "true" dive watch as it has an end of life battery indicator (second hand moves at 2 second intervals when battery is getting low) 200m of WR, screw down crown, and proper lumed references on the bezel and dial (including lumed bezel pip and lumed dot on second hand). Speaking of lume, it's quite simply the best I've seen compared to my other Seiko divers (Spork, Caesar and BFK) and my other C3 superluminova dive watches.

Without further delay, I introduce you to "Leatherface".

Here's a lume shot with the Sawtooth between some of my other divers...from top left to right: Seiko Caesar (SNDA13), Sawtooth, Seiko Spork (SRP043). Bottom left to right: Halios Bluering and Halios Holotype.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
sweet simple mod!!!! but sure changed the look of the watch! is that a 22mm strap but just cut off? looks really good!
can't wait to do this similar mod to my orange sawtooth! :)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks DM. It's a 24mm strap notched to 20mm at the lugs, but after suffering through so much water trauma in the past, it's likely closer to 22mm in wdith.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
ky70 - Great looking combo. I really like that diver. Is the sawtooth a JDM ? I have not seen one of those for sale.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
ky70 - Great looking combo. I really like that diver. Is the sawtooth a JDM ? I have not seen one of those for sale.
don't think they are JDM only. was able to get one locally... they are however, not anymore produced as far as i know...

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks folks. Though I haven't worn it on bracelet for quite sometime, I converted the finish on the bracelet from alternating brushed and polished, to all brushed (to reduce the bling factor).

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
It looks good on leather. I never like the Sawtooth on the bracelet, when I got mine I got it on rubber, and that's the way it's stayed.
I might have to try it on leather one of these days.
Regards Sonny

1 - 10 of 10 Posts