WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need some help here... I live in California, I want to buy the Seiko SBDA005 "Orange Samurai"... There are three places on the web that sell this watch ordered below in the best price:

http://www.higuchi-inc.com/sbda001.html

http://www.seiyajapan.com/product/S-SBDA005/New_SEIKO_Prospex_200M_Diver_Automatic_SBDA005.html

http://www.bodying.com/seiko-prospex-diver-scuba-sbda005j/watches/4894#moreAboutThisProduct

I have gone to the contact sections of each of these websites inquiring if they have the watch in stock, is the price current, how long for shipping, etc... And I get no response!!! Are these scam sites? I have never ordered anything this expensive overseas so I'm kind of scared... Please help :)

Brian.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been 3-5 days... The first place I wrote was bodying.com (two messages), then seiyajapan (two messages), then higuchi yesterday... How long do you think I should wait?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Seiya and Higuchi are absolutely the best sources for JDM only watches (Japan Domestic Market). I bought my Orange Sammi from Higuchi. Don't fret over the communication lags.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ordered a sumo from Higuchi last week, katsu was fabulous and had the watch to me in NZ in 8 days including a special order bracelet from the factory.

Recommended!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Brian,

I understand your concern, but you have no need to worry. You are doing business the Japanese way now. The emphasis is on the end result, not 24-hour drive thru service.;-)

I have no personal experience with bodying.com., however Higuchi-san and Seiya-san are the two most respected international sellers of Japan-only watches. You will find literally thousands of testimonials across the various watch forums from satisfied customers.

Katsu Higuchi owns and runs a large watchstore in addition to his Internet operation. Seiya sells only on the Internet, but unfortunately has recurring health problems that cause him to take time off every once in a while.

A little patience goes a long way when dealing with these gentlemen. They are polite, friendly, and respectful, and deserve the same. A gentle reminder email after a few days is perfectly acceptable - just don't go in all guns blazing.

When you do order you always get a factory fresh example in perfect new condition, and both sellers will assist with all warranty issues should you ever have a problem.

Buy with confidence!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I bought watches from Seiya and Higuchi. Both are excellent. I bought some expensive watches from them including a Grand Seiko from Higuchi.

You should not have a problem with both.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow! You have all been so awesome about answering my question!!! I love this site!!! This seems to be the 12-step recovery group for watch fanatics - of which I am definitely a member :) I guess I'll be patient for a few more days?

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
Recovery? who said anything about recovery? We're the biggest bunch of enablers you'll ever meet (except maybe g-shock fans, who are just as bad as us, but have more to chose from and at lower prices).

·
Registered
712 Posts
Recovery? who said anything about recovery? We're the biggest bunch of enablers you'll ever meet (except maybe g-shock fans, who are just as bad as us, but have more to chose from and at lower prices).

haha
recovery? no kidding...i dont ever want to "Recover" from this illness...I've been bitten by the bug and I'm very sick...but I dont ever want to get better!! :-d

as everyone has said...Seiya and Higuchi are two of the most well respected watch sellers for Japanese Market watches...buy with 150% confidence..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Higuchi has very very good prices and in my own experience, always replied within an hour. I ordered a SBDA001 from Katsu-san, and it's been delivered from Japan to my (Singapore) home in less than 48 hours from time I placed the order. I can't wait to get home to open the package.:p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts