WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have these two arriving tomorrow, both used but excellent condition and I can only keep one. Obviously they are very different watches but interested to know what you'd decide and why. They are both titanium although the Oris is on a rubber strap.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks ok in the pics but won't know until tomorrow. I'm leaning that way too but if I decide on the Oris I'll give you first refusal 😉

·
Registered
60,591 Posts
If the Oris was on a bracelet I'd say Seiko hands down as Oris titanium bracelets and clasps don't fare all the well when faced with the scratch monster. Because it's on rubber things are a bit more equal and I'd go for the one that called to you the most.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Both arrived and going with the Oris, decision based mainly on how it looks although the 6S37 in the Seiko is supposedly the best Chrono ever made so I might regret it.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I recently went though the same exact dilemma, but I hadn't purchased both... I was just shopping.
I ended up with the Oris as I located a NIB one with damage to the outer box for a steep discount. It was a no-brainer, I don't wear the box.

I'll likely end up with the Seiko as well at some point, but for now the Oris won my heart (and wallet I suppose).

And re: Titanium wear on Seiko and Oris watches. My Shogun looked wonderful for a few months but is certainly showing wear now after a few years of use. I think the Diashield gave up as it collects minor scratches just as fast as my Oris watches. I know it isn't a Brightz watch, but I had higher hopes for the Diashield.
My Oris TT1 divers (the older red/black bezeled donut divers) have held up decently, they show wear pretty quickly but even the most worn of them still looks good on the wrist. My 300m TT1 is covered in minor scratches but it has developed that greyish patina that I associate with a TI watch. It's worn, but as a sports watch it looks great. I've had it about a decade and haven't bothered to polish it once. My TT1 Regulator gets polished occasionally as it's my 'dressy' diver, even a decade later it still is a stunningly good looking piece.
I can't speak to how the bracelet on the Aquis Titan Chrono holds up. I just got my tracking number for it. My Titan has been on rubber since I bought it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts