WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Just googled this description from another seller.

I just bought my great Casio Oceanus S1-1JF for similar price. Sakura watches is reliable and based in Tokyo. They have a huge inventory of watches. Their prices are competitive.

That Seiko world timer has similar specs as the Oceanus, which comes mainly with black dial. Check this Oceanus model since googling will call up many reviews. I chose to get it and have no regrets. It is very accurate, hitting markers all the time, quick to change time zones if need be, and cosmetically is superior to the Seiko IMO. Finishing is on Grand Seiko polishing level.

Good luck...go for the Oceanus hahaha!
PS- Citizen PMD56 is similar in specs too, but will only synch to Japan signal. The Seiko and Oceanus will since to world 6 signals. I had to get that used Citizen to match with the Oceanus!:p

comparison citizen and Oceanus by toypoodleKimi, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Just googled this description from another seller.

I just bought my great Casio Oceanus S1-1JF for similar price. Sakura watches is reliable and based in Tokyo. They have a huge inventory of watches. Their prices are competitive.

That Seiko world timer has similar specs as the Oceanus, which comes mainly with black dial. Check this Oceanus model since googling will call up many reviews. I chose to get it and have no regrets. It is very accurate, hitting markers all the time, quick to change time zones if need be, and cosmetically is superior to the Seiko IMO. Finishing is on Grand Seiko polishing level.

Good luck...go for the Oceanus hahaha!
PS- Citizen PMD56 is similar in specs too, but will only synch to Japan signal. The Seiko and Oceanus will since to world 6 signals. I had to get that used Citizen to match with the Oceanus!:p

comparison citizen and Oceanus by toypoodleKimi, on Flickr
sorry, the Oceanus should be ...S100-1JF....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
sorry, the Oceanus should be ...S100-1JF....
I checked the Oceanus on Amazon and you're right, very similar in features to the Seiko, and also very beautiful. My preference though is for a 39 to 40mm case and the Oceanus is almost 42. Plus it's also thicker, 9.5 vs 11mm.
Thanks for the suggestions and the information about Sakura.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The Seiko SBTM 295 uses Seiko newer 7B75 solar radio-controlled movement. I ordered an SBTM313 (same movement but with large hands and darker dial for better contrast) from Sakura last week, but have not yet received it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Seiko SBTM 295 uses Seiko newer 7B75 solar radio-controlled movement. I ordered an SBTM313 (same movement but with large hands and darker dial for better contrast) from Sakura last week, but have not yet received it.
Well thanks for confusing me. 🙄 Now I back to trying to decide what to get. The SBTM 295 or the SBTM313. Seriously though thanks for mentioning the SBTM313. I only stumbled on the 295 by accident the other day and finally saw everything I'm looking for in an everyday watch, (or so I thought). Would you mind attaching some pictures when your 313 arrives and a little review? I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well thanks for confusing me. 🙄 Now I back to trying to decide what to get. The SBTM 295 or the SBTM313. Seriously though thanks for mentioning the SBTM313. I only stumbled on the 295 by accident the other day and finally saw everything I'm looking for in an everyday watch, (or so I thought). Would you mind attaching some pictures when your 313 arrives and a little review? I'd really appreciate it.
I would post pictures when it arrives. I ordered the SBTM313 thinking that it would be an everyday watch just like you. But I think large hands on a black dial with 6 arabic numbers would make easy reading. Below is a stock photo from Sakura watches:
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Silver

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would post pictures when it arrives. I ordered the SBTM313 thinking that it would be an everyday watch just like you. But I think large hands on a black dial with 6 arabic numbers would make easy reading. Below is a stock photo from Sakura watches:
View attachment 16197884
Yes, I looked at that after you mentioned it. The only drawback is it runs about $100 more than the SBTM295 and I wanted to add an Uncle Seiko Beads of Rice band which also runs about $100. Did you incur any additional costs on the SBTM313? Here's the band I mentioned.
Watch Analog watch Clock Font Material property

·
Registered
101 Posts
I intend to wear the SBTM313 with a rubber or water resistant vegan strap (also called faux leather strap) so I do not have to deal with scratch marks on metal band for a daily beater. The ballistic nylon strap that comes with the SBTM313 is OK with me too. By the way, the SBTM287, 291, and 293 also come with scratch resistant diashield coated titanium band and case for the same price as your intended SBTM295. But I chose the SS SBTM313 because I like the bold hands and the alternate Arabic hour markers. Money wise, the SBTM 287, 291, 293, and 295 would be the easy choice while the SBTM313 is certainly more expensive for no obvious reason. It is a matter of personal taste in my choice for the SBTM313.
Good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I intend to wear the SBTM313 with a rubber or water resistant vegan strap (also called faux leather strap) so I do not have to deal with scratch marks on metal band for a daily beater. The ballistic nylon strap that comes with the SBTM313 is OK with me too. By the way, the SBTM287, 291, and 293 also come with scratch resistant diashield coated titanium band and case for the same price as your intended SBTM295. But I chose the SS SBTM313 because I like the bold hands and the alternate Arabic hour markers. Money wise, the SBTM 287, 291, 293, and 295 would be the easy choice while the SBTM313 is certainly more expensive for no obvious reason. It is a matter of personal taste in my choice for the SBTM313.
Good luck in your decision.
Sounds like you're looking for the same thing I am and you're probably right about the band. I'll take a look at those other suggestions you made too. BTW, how long have you been waiting for the 313?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sounds like you're looking for the same thing I am and you're probably right about the band. I'll take a look at those other suggestions you made too. BTW, how long have you been waiting for the 313?
This is the 3rd time I bought from Sakura. The first two transactions took one week since paypal payment to delivery by DHL Express (for an additional ~ 3200 Yen). By the way, they charge your paypal in Yen, so you should check "currency converter" to get a better estimate of US payment. This SBTM 313 has been ordered Monday last week and I probably won't receive it until later this week since I have not received tracking number yet. Do not expect stamped warranty card from Sakura . My previous 2 watches from Sakura were brand new with plastic wraps and all accessories but one in the right model box (a Casio Protrek) and one in a generic box (a Citizen Attesa). I only go with Sakura for lowest prices on lower value watches. But if you like fastest response/delivery with stamped warranty card, you should put in a request with Seiya. But his prices for stuffs not on his web site is usually 10% higher than from Sakura.
Good luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is the 3rd time I bought from Sakura. The first two transactions took one week since paypal payment to delivery by DHL Express (for an additional ~ 3200 Yen). By the way, they charge your paypal in Yen, so you should check "currency converter" to get a better estimate of US payment. This SBTM 313 has been ordered Monday last week and I probably won't receive it until later this week since I have not received tracking number yet. Do not expect stamped warranty card from Sakura . My previous 2 watches from Sakura were brand new with plastic wraps and all accessories but one in the right model box (a Casio Protrek) and one in a generic box (a Citizen Attesa). I only go with Sakura for lowest prices on lower value watches. But if you like fastest response/delivery with stamped warranty card, you should put in a request with Seiya. But his prices for stuffs not on his web site is usually 10% higher than from Sakura.
Good luck.
Thank you very much for all the suggestions and information. I look forward to seeing your new 313 and your review. I haven't been exited about any watch until stumbling onto these SBTM's.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good luck.
I just noticed this on the Sakura site for both the SBTM295 SBTM313:
"Packaging: Original box, watch, instruction manual, Japanese warranty card"
If yours comes with those items please let me know. I did reach out to Seiya but haven't heard back from him yet.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just noticed this on the Sakura site for both the SBTM295 SBTM313:
"Packaging: Original box, watch, instruction manual, Japanese warranty card"
If yours comes with those items please let me know. I did reach out to Seiya but haven't heard back from him yet.
I have not yet received mine. Sakura sent by UPS (instead of DHL) last Friday and with an incomplete address. UPS is holding my package for address correction until !!! From my past experience with 2 orders, Sakura did not send a stamped warranty card, just blank warranty cards. Seiya, on the other hands, always sent stamped warranty cards by his shop. He was also very responsive when I had to send some watches back for warranty service with his stamped warranty cards. Seiya is a little more expensive but with smooth sailing and peace of mind from A to Z.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have not yet received mine. Sakura sent by UPS (instead of DHL) last Friday and with an incomplete address. UPS is holding my package for address correction until !!! From my past experience with 2 orders, Sakura did not send a stamped warranty card, just blank warranty cards. Seiya, on the other hands, always sent stamped warranty cards by his shop. He was also very responsive when I had to send some watches back for warranty service with his stamped warranty cards. Seiya is a little more expensive but with smooth sailing and peace of mind from A to Z.
I hope you get your address issue fixed quickly. Seiya responded to my inquiry. His price is 6% higher than Sakura, $378 vs $356 so for the difference I think I'll go through him. He uses PayPal too. Thanks for suggesting him.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I hope you get your address issue fixed quickly. Seiya responded to my inquiry. His price is 6% higher than Sakura, $378 vs $356 so for the difference I think I'll go through him. He uses PayPal too. Thanks for suggesting him.
My SBTM313 price on Sakura website was $433.00 but with paypal payment in Yen (not in US dolllars). After another 3200 Yen (~$30.00) for DHL shipping and all the conversion, my paypal was charged $481.00 dollars. So,without DHL shipping, the real price would be $451. The difference between the web site price of $433 and the real payment price of $451 was due to currency conversion in real time. If you take that into account, the price from Seiya is actually not higher than Sakura in this case if it already includes DHL or EMS shipping.
Good luck.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thank you very much for all the suggestions and information. I look forward to seeing your new 313 and your review. I haven't been exited about any watch until stumbling onto these SBTM's.
I received my Seiko SBTM313 today (9 days after Paypal payment to Sakura). The watch came with proper inner and outer model boxes, all the bubble cushions, plastic wraps, accessories, tags. But like my 2 previous orders from Sakura, the warranty card is just blank and not stamped at all. See some pictures below. The watch measures 40 mm across the bezel, 9 mm thick, and 45 mm lug to lug. The super clear coated (i.e, dual side anti-reflection coated) flat sapphire crystal makes the watch dial & hands so clear and legible for all viewing angles. The second hands ticks spot-on at all the second markers. The watch synchronizes with all the atomic clocks in the world, has anti-magnetism, automatic hand adjustment twice a day at 12:00 o'clock postion, a perpetual calendar with quick time zone adjustment in increment of 1 hour (the minute hand is slave to hour hand but advances one hour in just ~ 10 seconds), and a standard 22 mm lug width. The crown is not screwed down but has a very efficient crown guard to prevent any accidental pulling of the crown. This daily beater watch seems to have a good combination of being simple, understated, not causing any unwanted attention, while humbly displaying high accuracy & quality with an excellent legibility.
Watch Silver Product Black Analog watch
Watch Analog watch Clock Material property Font
Watch Liquid Fluid Eyewear Sunglasses
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font
Watch Analog watch Clock Grey Everyday carry
Communication Device Wood Gadget Portable communications device Everyday carry
Astronomical object Gas Automotive lighting Clock Circle

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I received my Seiko SBTM313 today (9 days after Paypal payment to Sakura). The watch came with proper inner and outer model boxes, all the bubble cushions, plastic wraps, accessories, tags. But like my 2 previous orders from Sakura, the warranty card is just blank and not stamped at all. See some pictures below. The watch measures 40 mm across the bezel, 9 mm thick, and 45 mm lug to lug. The super clear coated (i.e, dual side anti-reflection coated) flat sapphire crystal makes the watch dial & hands so clear and legible for all viewing angles. The second hands ticks spot-on at all the second markers. The watch synchronizes with all the atomic clocks in the world, has anti-magnetism, automatic hand adjustment twice a day at 12:00 o'clock postion, a perpetual calendar with quick time zone adjustment in increment of 1 hour (the minute hand is slave to hour hand but advances one hour in just ~ 10 seconds), and a standard 22 mm lug width. The crown is not screwed down but has a very efficient crown guard to prevent any accidental pulling of the crown. This daily beater watch seems to have a good combination of being simple, understated, not causing any unwanted attention, while humbly displaying high accuracy & quality with an excellent legibility. View attachment 16201834 View attachment 16201835 View attachment 16201836 View attachment 16201837 View attachment 16201838 View attachment 16201839 View attachment 16201840
Looks really nice! Did it come charged or did you have to charge it under light first? I ordered the SBTM297 yesterday from Seiya and had great communication with him. I was going to wait until I sold my Hamilton H69439931 Khaki field watch but it sold on Ebay less than an hour after posting it. That tells me I should have had a higher price but it's nice to have a quick sale. Seiya says my new Seiko will ship in three days. I'll do a short review when it comes. I really appreciate the feedback and for letting me know about Seiya and the other SBTM's available. The black face on the 297 makes the hands much more visible than the SBTM295 which originally sparked my interest. Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts