WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Looks really nice! Did it come charged or did you have to charge it under light first? I ordered the SBTM297 yesterday from Seiya and had great communication with him. I was going to wait until I sold my Hamilton H69439931 Khaki field watch but it sold on Ebay less than an hour after posting it. That tells me I should have had a higher price but it's nice to have a quick sale. Seiya says my new Seiko will ship in three days. I'll do a short review when it comes. I really appreciate the feedback and for letting me know about Seiya and the other SBTM's available. The black face on the 297 makes the hands much more visible than the SBTM295 which originally sparked my interest. Thanks again.
The SBTM313 came with sufficient charge (second hand ticks in one second interval) and synchronized with the US atomic clock both manually and automatically last night. However, I will put it near a bright window for a day or two just to be sure. Fully charged, the Seiko movement 7B72 (in both the SBTM313 and 297) will run for 9 months without further charging (2 years when in saving mode).
I think you made the right choice choosing the black face SBTM297 over the white face. I owned some white face watches before and was very much annoyed with having to struggle with not having enough contrast between the silvery white hands and the white face to tell time in many darker or lighting situations. Your from Seiya will have the stamped warranty card. I believe you got probably the best price that watch given it includes shipping. I will look forward to your review.
Best wishes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Whilst I wait for my watch to arrive I wonder if you can answer a question. I noticed that the case of your 313 is stainless steel while the case of my 297 is Titanium with "Hard Coating." I can't find anything that specifically discusses Titanium, Hard Coating. Do you know if "Super Hard Coating" is the same thing?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. Was waiting to see some real world photos of the SBTM313. Gotta admit though that I’m kinda bummed the dial markers are not lumed, but rather only inner chapter ring dots.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Congratulations on your purchase. Was waiting to see some real world photos of the SBTM313. Gotta admit though that I’m kinda bummed the dial markers are not lumed, but rather only inner chapter ring dots.
Not sure what your looking at but both the SBTM313 which saint-lnd just received and the SBTM297 that I ordered from Seiya have luminous hands and hour dots. Go back to page 1 of this thread and look at the pictures saint-lnd posted of his new SBTM313.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I checked the Oceanus on Amazon and you're right, very similar in features to the Seiko, and also very beautiful. My preference though is for a 39 to 40mm case and the Oceanus is almost 42. Plus it's also thicker, 9.5 vs 11mm.
Thanks for the suggestions and the information about Sakura.
I know you're leaning towards the Seikos, but just to clarify the Oceanus S100 is smaller than the dimensions Casio posts, they're measuring somewhere strange or including the crown or something. Here's the measurements I took on mine:
Case - 39.7mm
Lug to lug - 45.4mm
Thickness - 10.5mm
Only real downside to the S100 is the proprietary strap/lugs - you're stuck with the stock bracelet, which is fine it's a good bracelet, but you can't put it on a strap.

The Citizen posted earlier, I have one of those too and LOVE it. It's dimensions are:
Case - 39.3mm
Lug to lug - 44.9mm
Thickness - 12.0mm
Standard 20mm lugs and great quick adjust clasp on the very good stock bracelet.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Whilst I wait for my watch to arrive I wonder if you can answer a question. I noticed that the case of your 313 is stainless steel while the case of my 297 is Titanium with "Hard Coating." I can't find anything that specifically discusses Titanium, Hard Coating. Do you know if "Super Hard Coating" is the same thing?
I have a Seiko Prospex Spring Drive SNR025 with a titanium with hard coating case and band. Another name for it from Seiko is diashield titanium, which is titanium with a top layer of patented coating to help increasing scratch resistance. The coating also makes the dull grey titanium color looks more like stainless steel. (whiter). The end result is that your titanium SBTM297 remains very light (titanium is ~ 40% lighter than steel), but has a case that looks like stainless steel, and stands up against scratches much better than titanium or SS even many years down the road. But do not deliberately abuse diashield coating (or duratect coating from Citizen) for they will also scratch (but less frequently and less severely).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I have a Seiko Prospex Spring Drive SNR025 with a titanium with hard coating case and band. Another name for it from Seiko is diashield titanium, which is titanium with a top layer of patented coating to help increasing scratch resistance. The coating also makes the dull grey titanium color looks more like stainless steel. (whiter). The end result is that your titanium SBTM297 remains very light (titanium is ~ 40% lighter than steel), but has a case that looks like stainless steel, and stands up against scratches much better than titanium or SS even many years down the road. But do not deliberately abuse diashield coating (or duratect coating from Citizen) for they will also scratch (but less frequently and less severely).
Thanks for the clarification, that's a pleasant surprise that I wasn't aware of when I ordered the SBTM297. DHL says I'm on track to receive it Monday. 🙂
I know you're leaning towards the Seikos, but just to clarify the Oceanus S100 is smaller than the dimensions Casio posts, they're measuring somewhere strange or including the crown or something. Here's the measurements I took on mine:
Case - 39.7mm
Lug to lug - 45.4mm
Thickness - 10.5mm
Only real downside to the S100 is the proprietary strap/lugs - you're stuck with the stock bracelet, which is fine it's a good bracelet, but you can't put it on a strap.

The Citizen posted earlier, I have one of those too and LOVE it. It's dimensions are:
Case - 39.3mm
Lug to lug - 44.9mm
Thickness - 12.0mm
Standard 20mm lugs and great quick adjust clasp on the very good stock bracelet.
Thanks for the suggestions but I went with the Seiko SBTM297.
Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Rectangle

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Case - 39.7mm
Lug to lug - 45.4mm
Thickness - 10.5mm

Case - 39.3mm
Lug to lug - 44.9mm
Thickness - 12.0mm
Just out of curiosity, what is the button next to the crown for?
Watch Analog watch White Light Product

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what is the button next to the crown for?
View attachment 16207558
I sold mine over a year ago…so check the manual to be 100% sure but I’m pretty sure it’s used for checking if it received the radio signal the night before and also maybe changing time zones….I think the tiny recessed button at 2:00 was used for changing the DST setting.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
The SBTM313 came with sufficient charge (second hand ticks in one second interval) and synchronized with the US atomic clock both manually and automatically last night. However, I will put it near a bright window for a day or two just to be sure. Fully charged, the Seiko movement 7B72 (in both the SBTM313 and 297) will run for 9 months without further charging (2 years when in saving mode).
I think you made the right choice choosing the black face SBTM297 over the white face. I owned some white face watches before and was very much annoyed with having to struggle with not having enough contrast between the silvery white hands and the white face to tell time in many darker or lighting situations. Your from Seiya will have the stamped warranty card. I believe you got probably the best price that watch given it includes shipping. I will look forward to your review.
Best wishes.
Just received my SBTM297 today, only 4 days after ordering it from Seiya. I'm pretty impressed with how fast he shipped it. Great communication and quickly responded to several questions. He also followed through by emailing me to let me know it was delivered. And he included a very nice micro fiber towel as an added bonus!
It took me a few minutes to understand how to adjust the watch for daylight saving time but it is pretty straight forward. The second hand is spot on, and the silver hands on black face dial are very easy to see. The super clear sapphire lens, anti reflective both sides, makes it look like there's no lens. I'm really glad I didn't go with the cream colored SBTM295. My review is kind of simple but if anyone has any questions I'll be glad to give my honest opinion. I can say though that I'm very satisfied.
Brown Rectangle Azure Textile Font

Here's some pictures I took with my cell phone.
Wood Dress Pen Tie Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Finger
Watch Analog watch Rectangle Clock Silver
the
Watch Analog watch Light Silver Watch accessory
Watch Analog watch Clock Rectangle Everyday carry
Rectangle Wood Font Material property Electric blue

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just received my SBTM297 today, only 4 days after ordering it from Seiya. I'm pretty impressed with how fast he shipped it. Great communication and quickly responded to several questions. He also followed through by emailing me to let me know it was delivered. And he included a very nice micro fiber towel as an added bonus!
It took me a few minutes to understand how to adjust the watch for daylight saving time but it is pretty straight forward. The second hand is spot on, and the silver hands on black face dial are very easy to see. I'm really glad I didn't go with the cream colored SBTM295. My review is kind of simple but if anyone has any questions I'll be glad to give my honest opinion. I can say though that I'm very satisfied. View attachment 16211352
Here's some pictures I took with my cell phone.
View attachment 16211282 View attachment 16211284 View attachment 16211287 the View attachment 16211286View attachment 16211283 View attachment 16211288
Congratulation on a satisfying buying experience and a great watch. Enjoy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
saint-lnd [/QUOTE] [QUOTE="filthyj24 [/QUOTE] [QUOTE="dgaddis [/QUOTE] [QUOTE="tsteph12 [/QUOTE] Bought an Uncle Seiko Beads of Rice band for my Seiko SBTM297. The fit is almost perfect. I think it really enhances the look.[ATTACH type="full said:
16249167[/ATTACH]
Watch Analog watch Photograph Clock Finger
oi

Attachments

21 - 38 of 38 Posts