WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While surfing the net, I unexpectedly happened upon this watch and fell in love with it. Does anyone have any first knowledge with this particular model ?
I have never seen this model and info seems to be sparse. If one needed to change straps, the lugs look as if they do not disconnect , but I would think Seiko would not over look such a necessity. Any info or links in english would be appreciated.

SEIKO SPIRIT WATCH SCVE011
Seiko_SCVE011_men_watches.jpg
Seiko_SCVE011_men_watches_1.jpg
Seiko_SCVE011_men_watches_2.jpg

·
Banned
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If admin. will or wants to move this post to the Seiko & Citizen forum, I'd appreciate it. Sorry for my hasty posting.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
I can't say for sure (never seen one, not discussed much here either) but I'd guess the lugs are fixed and there's a springbar inbetween that you've got to get a little screwdriver in there and depress the ends out. Watch-Tanaka shows the gaps allowed for it at about 0:16

FWIW (I know you didn't ask, lol) I'd get the SCVE005. The contrast 24hr subdial and date window look heaps better to me.

·
Banned
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I can't say for sure (never seen one, not discussed much here either) but I'd guess the lugs are fixed and there's a springbar inbetween that you've got to get a little screwdriver in there are depress the ends out. Watch-Tanaka shows the gaps allowed for it at about 0:16

FWIW (I know you didn't ask, lol) I'd get the SCVE005. The contrast 24hr subdial and date window look heaps better to me.
Uhm... youtube video not showing up, Ill take a look / search on youtube, Thanks.
Also, I agree, SCVE005 looks much better. The SS bracelet looks a flimsy, do you have any knowledge about that ?
Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 1.47.25 PM.png
Youtube video now works, thanks again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The strap is on a regular springbar, I have the scve009, I.e. Black with grey-ish dot.

Sendt fra min E5823 med Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Uhm... youtube video not showing up, Ill take a look / search on youtube, Thanks.
Also, I agree, SCVE005 looks much better. The SS bracelet looks a flimsy, do you have any knowledge about that ?
View attachment 5579945
Youtube video now works, thanks again.
Oh yes, the bracelet looks terrible. Standard Seiko 5 fare, and it doesn't even really *go* with the watch IMO. Looks very businessey for a funky watch. But it's not exactly like they make you pay for it, it's an extra 200 Yen or something I think?

I'm surprised by the pic you posted of the clasp on the strap. I was fully expecting the Seiko 5/Monster style extra thin, extra flimsy fold-over setup but that looks quite meaty. Also, they've all been discontinued in the last week or so, they used to live here....

https://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/spirit/lineup/

·
Banned
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Domo, the SCVE005 has the 4R37 movement. I'm also looking at another watch that has the NH35 movement.
Which movement do you believe to be better ?

The info I can find says, the 2 movements are basically the same, with the 4R37 having the
24hr indicator subdial.

·
Banned
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yes, the bracelet looks terrible. Standard Seiko 5 fare, and it doesn't even really *go* with the watch IMO. Looks very businessey for a funky watch. But it's not exactly like they make you pay for it, it's an extra 200 Yen or something I think?

I'm surprised by the pic you posted of the clasp on the strap. I was fully expecting the Seiko 5/Monster style extra thin, extra flimsy fold-over setup but that looks quite meaty.
If I decide to purchase one of these Seikos, it will be my first Seiko watch. Hence, my constant questions :) Thanks for all your help.

Agreed, the clasp on the leather looks like very good quality.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Domo, the SCVE005 has the 4R37 movement. I'm also looking at another watch that has the NH35 movement.
Which movement do you believe to be better ?

They're the same movement, but the 4R37 has a 24 hr subdial. Same jewel count, same PR, same everything basically :-!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
These movements are not very accurate - just average. If you want the 24h hand with better accuracy, try a Miyota (Citizen) instead. Can be found in various watches from Citizen to Pointec Zeppelin.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Did you end up getting the watch? The pics look gorgeous. And if you did get it, how do you like it now that you've had a couple years with it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts