WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have owned both, I prefer the Citizen, mainly due to size. If you are looking for longevity then it has to be the Seiko. See many 20 - 30 year old Seiko's on this forum, Citizen not so much.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
If all you are going is 25ft, either of them will do.

I'm not sure about the Citizen, but the Seiko Monster is an ISO rated dive watch.

At the end of the day though, I think both will serve you well. Citizen's eco drive movement is well known to be a reliable and accurate quartz movement. And as far as the monster goes, I wouldn't worry about the auto movement going out on you. I've read other posts from other members who wore theirs daily and bang the crap out of it for 5-7 years straight and it was still running and keeping time just fine.

I think it comes down to your aesthetic preference and preference between an automatic movement versus quartz solar.

I own a monster. Great piece. Wears larger than the 42mm case would make you think.

edit: One thing I noticed between the 2. The Citizen most likely has an IP black coating. It is the thinnest type of coating there is. I've had IP coated watches before, and they scratch pretty easily. Whereas the Monster is all brushed Stainless Steel, you can take a scrotchbrite pad and buff out scratches to touch up the finish later on.

Good luck in your hunt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
mine does the same thing. I just received it today! I am thinking the JDD is top heavy....maybe I will get used to it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts