WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm looking for SKX007/9, but since it's discontinued :(, I should pay about 1.5 times more than its original price

So, I might consider Sharkey's SKX homage

Does anyone give me some info' about pros/cons for both watches?

and if possible, parts(dial, movement, and else) compatibility?

Thanks!

·
Registered
36,360 Posts
Don't know about swapability of parts, but the Sharkey watches are better than the Seiko in several ways....sapphire crystal, hack/handwind movement, solid end links, additional colorways, availability, lower price, etc.

I own 5 Seiko SKX and 4 Sharkey.

·
Registered
118 Posts
So I've been looking at the Heimdallr SKX and was just about to pull the trigger on one. I watched this you tube video and was all fired up to mod one. After reading some recent comments on the video Heimdallar has changed a bunch of things on all the SKX models. It looks like the most you can do now is swap dials and hands. I think I might try the Islander version now.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BMAB6BAgGEAQ&usg=AOvVaw3x5rv6YCRV0sYO7NPWteO9

·
Registered
15 Posts
So I've been looking at the Heimdallr SKX and was just about to pull the trigger on one. I watched this you tube video and was all fired up to mod one. After reading some recent comments on the video Heimdallar has changed a bunch of things on all the SKX models. It looks like the most you can do now is swap dials and hands. I think I might try the Islander version now.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BMAB6BAgGEAQ&usg=AOvVaw3x5rv6YCRV0sYO7NPWteO9
I was about to do the same and saw the same youtube video. So it seems that the latest version of the Heimdallr SKX007 won't accept many of the parts that the older version did - especially the bezel, bezel insert and chapter ring.

My question is - Does anyone know when the changes took place? How can I tell if I am looking at an old version Heimdallt SKX 007 or a new one? They come up for sale second hand every now and then but that last thing I want to do is buy a second hand "new version"!

I think someone said the new one does not have a signed crown but that may have been a change that came about earlier then the bezel design changes which is the real deal breaker for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.