WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to purchase a Seiko SKX007 with the express intent of modding it. I would like to purchase a different dial and have the original replaced. However, I am a new collector and have no experience taking watches apart and putting them back together. I don't have the tools or the know how.

Can someone tell me where I can send the watch to have the dial and maybe the hands replaced? Does anyone know what this would run cost wise? I'd appreciate your thoughts/expertise on where to purchase the dials as well!

(I also posted this in the main general forum - wasn't sure which forum would be best for this question)

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Don't know how far out in the weeds you are in Texas, but find a local watchmaker if there is one close and they will be able to do it for you. You may have to leave for a few days, last year I had mine swap dial and hands on an SKX 007 when he serviced it.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Check out Northeast Watch Works (Duarte Mendonca) at Watch Services. He modded my SKX007 for me and did a great job. He has a price list on his site to give you an idea what the work will run. He does outstanding work and I highly recommend him.
Duarte is the man.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Motor City Watch Works would certainly be able to help you although previously mentioned alternatives would likely be closer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts