WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

this is my first post after what seems an eternity of lurking around.

I really enjoy the forums and love to browse through the photo threads.

I have entered a few bits about me in my profile. I also have a photo blog at strong black coffee

Anyways, I was playing around with my camera and got these shots.

This watch is my daily wearer and I never take it off, so it felt strange taking it off to take the pictures!

Hope you like them!

Cheers,

Mike

Seiko SKX007 Super Oyster by Eva und Michael, on Flickr

Seiko SKX007 Super Oyster Lume by Eva und Michael, on Flickr

Seiko SKX007 Super Oyster black & white by Eva und Michael, on Flickr

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Wow.

The lume shot and the B/W are just awesome. I definitely have to get a Super Oyster for my SKX007.

Thanks for sharing, and enjoy your watch!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi pitmonster,

thanks for the kind words :) The super oyster is highly recommended, I got it from wjean28. Top notch! It even has the thicker spring bars and the wider clasp.

I am also considering a nice, thick, upscale brown leather strap... That would make a change...

Wow.

The lume shot and the B/W are just awesome. I definitely have to get a Super Oyster for my SKX007.

Thanks for sharing, and enjoy your watch!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great pics! Does the bracelet have solid end links??
Hi 2battranger,

thanks! :)

Yes the bracelet does have solid end links. The fit and finish is top notch and I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
nice!!!:-!
also enjoying my 401 on wjean's Super Oyster II (w/ SEL)!

though not a perfect fit on mine (needs a bit of shaving), but very happy nonetheless! ;-)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
62 Posts
Greetings! I'm new myself. Great pictures and nice bracelet choice.

I just gave my super oyster a test fit today and couldn't be anymore happier, both fit and look-wise.

:-!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I see that Wjean offers a discount to WIS folk (including Watchuseek members)

Any idea what that discount might be?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No I don't... and I feel like this as I did not see it!

·
Registered
903 Posts

I ordered the 22mm super oyster with the 2 micro hole adjustment, with the discount he upgraded mine to the 4 micro hole sport clasp free. A savings of about $10-$12. Although I've been waiting for mine for about 8 days...hope it hasn't been lost in the mail.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I put one of these super oysters with solid end links on my 007 as well. I also have a super sapphire dome kit (5.05 mm thick with anti reflective coating on inside) from Noah/Jake. This combo makes the watch look and feel like it costs upwards of a grand! The watch now feels much more solid and looks more refined. I love this watch.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi RGS,

that sounds intriguing!

Do you happen to have info, pics and maybe a link?

I think that having a domed sapphire would improve the watch a lot!

Cheers!

I put one of these super oysters with solid end links on my 007 as well. I also have a super sapphire dome kit (5.05 mm thick with anti reflective coating on inside) from Noah/Jake. This combo makes the watch look and feel like it costs upwards of a grand! The watch now feels much more solid and looks more refined. I love this watch.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi RGS,

that sounds intriguing!

Do you happen to have info, pics and maybe a link?

I think that having a domed sapphire would improve the watch a lot!

Cheers!
I don't have pictures (I'll see if I can take some later). I have been meaning to take some so that people can see this new sapphire crystal (there are some other people with this mode floating around). The crystal blends into the special bezel insert without a gap like on the stock watch and looks like the watch came that way from the factory. I got mine with purple anti-reflective coating on inside and this looks so cool at certain angles and light. The thick crystal (5.05mm thick!) looks very cool at a large angle also.

This new domed crystal is different from the more common sapphire crystal that has been around for a while. I had a watch with the old sapphire crystal and did not like the look as much. It was domed but still had the gap between the bezel that did not look right IMO. It was also not as thick as this new crystal.

You can get a crystal from DOT watch works or 10watches.com.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cheers!

I am looking forward to the pics...

I don't have pictures (I'll see if I can take some later). I have been meaning to take some so that people can see this new sapphire crystal (there are some other people with this mode floating around). The crystal blends into the special bezel insert without a gap like on the stock watch and looks like the watch came that way from the factory. I got mine with purple anti-reflective coating on inside and this looks so cool at certain angles and light. The thick crystal (5.05mm thick!) looks very cool at a large angle also.

This new domed crystal is different from the more common sapphire crystal that has been around for a while. I had a watch with the old sapphire crystal and did not like the look as much. It was domed but still had the gap between the bezel that did not look right IMO. It was also not as thick as this new crystal.

You can get a crystal from DOT watch works or 10watches.com.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts