WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my eyes on the SKX007 and I'm thinking about ordering one next week. I've read some reviews and supposedly the lume is excellent. How good is it, compared to the Monster's? Is the Monster's lume much, much better?

·
Registered
336 Posts
The lume on the SKX007 is great, but the lume on the Monster is outstanding. To be as objective as possible, I'd say the Monster lume is "better" but not "much better" let alone "much, much better".

·
Registered
213 Posts
The lume on the SKX007 is great, but the lume on the Monster is outstanding. To be as objective as possible, I'd say the Monster lume is "better" but not "much better" let alone "much, much better".
id say the same, the lume on my mosters are better than on my 007 or 009

·
Registered
765 Posts
Since the same material is used on both watches, isn't the brightness of the lume merely a product of the size of the area to which it is applied?

In other words, bigger hands = brighter lume.

I have both watches, and the lume on the Monster is definitely brighter than it is on the 007 (which is still blazingly bright fully charged).

So, is it simply because the Monster has bigger hands/indices???

·
Registered
849 Posts
Since the same material is used on both watches, isn't the brightness of the lume merely a product of the size of the area to which it is applied?

In other words, bigger hands = brighter lume.

I have both watches, and the lume on the Monster is definitely brighter than it is on the 007 (which is still blazingly bright fully charged).

So, is it simply because the Monster has bigger hands/indices???
Yes I think so.

Reactions: broonzbane

·
Premium Member
73,641 Posts
I'd say that the lume on the 007 and the gen 1 Montsters was about the same but that on the gen 2 Monsters looked brighter. Not because the lume was better but because the markers were bigger.

·
Registered
7,600 Posts
They were my 1st 2 SEiko divers, the Gen 1 BM and an SKX007. I bought them a month apart in late 2010, because I got that obsessed that quickly. =)

The lume are pretty comparable but, and it seems like most people have said it, the Monster probably gets a slight edge because the markers are bigger and *may* have thicker lume. Both are nuclear when charged and looked at in the dark (which is not the real life function haha). But as far as one being 'better' it's really up to how much you like the outside looks of either. If you are honestly considering both, you'll probably end up with both either way.

You're kind of in a situation where there's no right or wrong answer. =)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Absolutely. They smeared a bunch of lume onto the Monster.

The lume appears to be applied thicker on the Monster dial as well as the larger coverage areas.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
if you haven't figured it out by now.......the lume on the seiko monster is much better than the skx007.........though both are good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts