WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I was about to buy my first Seiko being an SKX009K2 and would like to know if it is reputable as, as far as I know they had teething problems with gears attached to crown from the inside.

Also is it normal for a watch dealer to ship you a brand new watch with no box??
As I found one in the UK but told me I had to pay for the box o|

Cheers ;-)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bought my SKX009K on Ebay from pokemonyu (great seller). Was brand new, no box, no papers. Grey market, so there's no warranty, for an additional $60 I could have bought from a Seiko dealer and received a box and warranty, but why bother? I would not give it a second thought.

Hi everyone, I was about to buy my first Seiko being an SKX009K2 and would like to know if it is reputable as, as far as I know they had teething problems with gears attached to crown from the inside.

Also is it normal for a watch dealer to ship you a brand new watch with no box??
As I found one in the UK but told me I had to pay for the box o|

Cheers ;-)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I won mine from ebay Premierworld and received it after 1 week of payment.

Must say that it's a striking watch and much better looking than the photos. No problems with the crown so far. Any teething problems would have been solved imo as this watch is already about 10 years in the market.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I have a 12 year old SKX007k that'a never been serviced and is running within COSC specs. It's because the watch is not wound with the crown that you have very few problems with the crown. I've never had problems with the crowns on any of the 12 Seikos that I own.|> I've owned Seikos for 30 year now and just took delivery on a new SKX009K to keep my 30 year old Quartz Pepsi Diver company:-d. I don't hesitate to recommend the SKX00 series to anyone.

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts