WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any knowledge or experience with Seiko Skyliners? I saw one in person last weekend for $150 (serviced) and almost bought it, but balked because I knew nothing about the model or movement.

What I know now: 1960's line of watches with 6220 series movements, 21 jewels, Diashock. Made as a cheaper alternative to the Seiko Liner (?). Wristwatch and pocket watch versions existed. Calendar and non-calendar movements. Prices are all over the place on eBay.

The one I saw was stainless in color, didn't have a date window, and looked really good at about 36mm in diameter. A lot like this one (image yanked from eBay) but in steel. It looked larger than the other vintage watches on display, including a few Omega Seamasters, but not huge.

530837149_o.jpg

Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
I know the thread is old, but worth a reply to nonetheless.
I have a 6220 but with the Tonneau version, machine runs well after all these years and the vintage style is a winner. Also saw several models of the one you post over on eBay, and they seem to have aged fairly well. Sturdy movement as it had stood the tides of time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts