WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently bought a Seiko SKZ211 Land Shark. I love the watch but I noticed that the watch is not keeping good time, as it was 5 minutes faster after 1 or 2 days.

I did a test for 24 hour period and the watch was running faster by 2 minutes.

I have Seiko 7002-7020 divier's watch and it keeps very accurate time.

Is this normal or there is something wrong with this watch?

Thanks!

:-s

·
Registered
815 Posts
I think you should wait for a few weeks before getting overly concerned. :)

My 4 week old Seiko SNK809 was running at +100 second per day fast in the first week, then dropped to an average of +37 spd, which it still maintains now.

I'm currently testing to see if keeping it in certain positions overnight ie. crown up, will improve the performance or not.

If not, then I've got tools to regulate it myself.

If my watch wasn't so cheap, I'd follow seamaster's suggestion. |>

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,
Do you know if I would need the warranty card or information? The person I bought from on eBay did not give me one. :(

Return it under warranty for regulation or replacement.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
Thank you for your email.
Yes, I will wait a few weeks before being overly concerned. In the meantime, I will see what the warranty terms are for Seiko.
Happy New Year!

I think you should wait for a few weeks before getting overly concerned. :)

My 4 week old Seiko SNK809 was running at +100 second per day fast in the first week, then dropped to an average of +37 spd, which it still maintains now.

I'm currently testing to see if keeping it in certain positions overnight ie. crown up, will improve the performance or not.

If not, then I've got tools to regulate it myself.

If my watch wasn't so cheap, I'd follow seamaster's suggestion. |>

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine keeps excellent time,and right out of the box too, but I guess that doesn't help you much. Was it made in Japan (if it doesn't say so on the back it wasn't). Like DW-5600E said, maybe how you place it at night will affect it. Also I think it has been noted several times in this forum that Seiko diver's movements (I think this one is the 7S36?) become more inaccurate as the mainspring gets unwound, meaning increased wear time may affect it's accuracy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts