WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Great writeup! Very thoughtful contributions because much of what you said are the kinds of details that most “reviews” fail to point out and these are the details that many of us Seiko enthusiasts will especially appreciate. Perhaps this is because most “reviewers” aren’t actually Seiko enthusiasts with a broad base of experience with other Seikos to compare and contrast.

·
Premium Member
9,470 Posts
Mine arrived today - agree with all Archangel has said - his pics are awesome so here's a quick muddy over-exposed, excited snap

It seems to be up a level from my SBDX011/14 in terms of finish, dial printing, even lume, beautifully printed/lacquered bezel insert, smoother screw down crown. The steel has a slightly different hue - somewhere between polished stainless & titanium - the blue dial is almost like a Coldstream Guards Winter Grey coat.

Have always loved the Tuna, and this is the best of them - outstanding machine

IMG_8559.jpeg

·
Premium Member
15,887 Posts
That SLA041 should probably be nicknamed “King Tuna” as it seems to be the ultimate tuna. I too saw that same watch in Plano TX and was duly impressed although the watch was overwhelmingly big on my sparrow wrist. Anyhow congratulations and well done.

·
Premium Member
15,887 Posts
Mine arrived today - agree with all Archangel has said - his pics are awesome so here's a quick muddy over-exposed, excited snap

It seems to be up a level from my SBDX011/14 in terms of finish, dial printing, even lume, beautifully printed/lacquered bezel insert, smoother screw down crown. The steel has a slightly different hue - somewhere between polished stainless & titanium - the blue dial is almost like a Coldstream Guards Winter Grey coat.

View attachment 15456670
Congratulations Simon. You wear that watch well on your “larger than average” wrist!

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
That's one bad-a55 Tuna. Just awesome!

Reactions: Simon

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

View attachment 15456670
Simon, congrats... it’s fun to share the excitement!! Did you get to see it in the metal first? When I first saw it, I knew I couldn’t walk away :). I was comparing it side by side with the 011, and think a 041 bezel would look good on it too.

·
Premium Member
9,470 Posts
Simon, congrats... it’s fun to share the excitement!! Did you get to see it in the metal first? When I first saw it, I knew I couldn’t walk away :). I was comparing it side by side with the 011, and think a 041 bezel would look good on it too.
I unexpectedly saw it in an AD today - hadnt seen it before - knew it was mine :)
I really think its outstanding

·
Premium Member
9,470 Posts
5 Day Update:
So far after 5 days it has gained 35 sec, so it’s averaging +7sec/day.....on wrist.
When measured on Hairspring, it is +4.1 (12 up), +4.9 (crown up), and +8.5 (Dial up).
After 2 days, mine is gaining 2 seconds a day on the wrist, and 3seconds at night off the wrist -
will try n pull this back a tad by positional change at night - so, like my other 8L35's - set to run fast
but if it stays at +5 a day I will be pleased with that (my other 8 series average +5, +8, +10)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Another quick observation that I had not noticed before- the chapter ring is so glossy, the reflection of the indexes can be seen. (But maybe this is a result of the crystal bevel). The 4 thru 9 can easily be seen in this shot. (Without the Lume glowing)

·
Premium Member
9,470 Posts
Nice effect
I haven't taken mine off in a week
just fantastic - haven't enjoyed a watch so much for ages

Nothing I dont like about this - (besides changing out the strap)

The silicon strap, by the way, is much better than the others I have and seems to be less of a dust magnet -
IMG_8617.jpeg

Reactions: Archangel FX

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Being an owner of this model I have to say it is one of the best emperor executions I have ever seen, and it is my very first...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Nice effect
I haven't taken mine off in a week
just fantastic - haven't enjoyed a watch so much for ages

Nothing I dont like about this - (besides changing out the strap)

The silicon strap, by the way, is much better than the others I have and seems to be less of a dust magnet -
View attachment 15467762
Actually, zooming in on your pic shows the effect even better....look at the crop circle plots. Your mesh looks good.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
After 2 days, mine is gaining 2 seconds a day on the wrist, and 3seconds at night off the wrist -
will try n pull this back a tad by positional change at night - so, like my other 8L35's - set to run fast
but if it stays at +5 a day I will be pleased with that (my other 8 series average +5, +8, +10)
Some Seiko hater might come here to remember you Rolex and Omega are doing better and +5 sec/day is unacceptable for this money!

·
Premium Member
9,470 Posts
Some Seiko hater might come here to remember you Rolex and Omega are doing better and +5 sec/day is unacceptable for this money!
My new 8L is within COSC the others just outside - I have never really cared about such - my 3 Casios keep better time than my Rolex

I was looking at Zeniths today - but no shops have your latest and my fave

Reactions: Archangel FX
21 - 40 of 69 Posts