WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,470 Posts
Simon- It is just an iPhone 8. I use the zoom to get the macro shots. The pics go straight to the iPad which I use to post.
I have an iphone SE? not sure it has macro

·
Premium Member
9,470 Posts
1st October - Blue Fin Tuna - flash off, flash on
IMG_8688.jpeg
IMG_8693.jpeg

Reactions: Archangel FX

·
Premium Member
9,470 Posts
Sentimentally the Darth SBDX011 because my wife bought it for me for a wedding anniversary even though she thought it ugly - cos she loves me :)

But for looks: no question the new Blue Fin - SLA041 - it is the closest of the three to the 1975 Grandfather, dial has a beautiful subtle shade of grey-blue and the hint of red script is lovely - the special steel bezel is a nice touch and it just looks iconic. Yep, I'd take this in a heartbeat.

The most faithful reissue of the Grandfather was in AD2000, the limited release of 1000 pieces, SBDX005, a 600m tuna - very accurate reissue (except the lower beat movement) - its rare, I have never seen one posted here on WUS and they seem lost in collections.

You can pick up an original 1970's 6159-7010 for a good price - but being 50yrs old and most bought as true working tools not wrist sushi, they tend to be hard worn - dials often crusty - parts for servicing seem to be available though.

·
Premium Member
9,470 Posts
Its been about 7 mos since the 2020 CoVid purchase of my SLA041....and all the excitement is still there!!!
View attachment 15867789
Absolutely agree
wore mine yesterday
and thought how fortunate I am to have it
For me, the best Tuna produced
The classic design of the grandfather - upgrade of materials - immaculate dial & hand-set - a wonderful blue hue with lovely flash of red
and the almost white steel bezel contrasted with rich lacquered insert is a gem.
IMG_0084.jpeg

·
Premium Member
7,026 Posts
My Seiko journey is well documented through out this thread....from fanboy to disillusioned sceptic and now back with a bang.....

my recent SLA039 and SNR045 purchases have rekindled my Seiko flame, and I now have a SLA041 and 043 incoming.....

.....and it’s looking like the Grandfather Tuna will land first!

I have owned many tuna, from 300m and Darths, up to my beloved Emperor Golden tuna - all gone while being disillusioned- with the bluefin ticking all my boxes and then some!

Tomorrow should be a good day.....

·
Premium Member
7,026 Posts
Arrived, unboxed, sized (joking), strap changed....not a fan of the OEM out of the box, maybe over time....great colours, super shiny with the ever-brilliant steel, and Lume to die for!

reminds me that I shouldn’t have flipped my golden Emporer, but to late.....glad to have this one in the fold!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Arrived, unboxed, sized (joking), strap changed....not a fan of the OEM out of the box, maybe over time....great colours, super shiny with the ever-brilliant steel, and Lume to die for!

reminds me that I shouldn’t have flipped my golden Emporer, but to late.....glad to have this one in the fold!

View attachment 15880796 View attachment 15880797 View attachment 15880799 View attachment 15880802 View attachment 15880804
Looks great! For me it’s the perfect Emperor Tuna!

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Archangel FX,
That is a nice school of Tuna! Emperor Tuna to boot! Vance.

Reactions: Archangel FX

·
Premium Member
9,470 Posts
My Seiko journey is well documented through out this thread....from fanboy to disillusioned sceptic and now back with a bang.....

my recent SLA039 and SNR045 purchases have rekindled my Seiko flame, and I now have a SLA041 and 043 incoming.....

.....and it’s looking like the Grandfather Tuna will land first!

I have owned many tuna, from 300m and Darths, up to my beloved Emperor Golden tuna - all gone while being disillusioned- with the bluefin ticking all my boxes and then some!

Tomorrow should be a good day.....
welcome back brother

TS Eliot, one of my fave poets wrote"
“We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.

yeh, there are plenty of lesser priced brands out there where they are spot on QC and customer care whereas Seiko can be disappointing even infuriating with their disregard at times - but when they get it right - they really do and my 041 is perfect

IMG_0084.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,026 Posts
welcome back brother

TS Eliot, one of my fave poets wrote"
“We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.

yeh, there are plenty of lesser priced brands out there where they are spot on QC and customer care whereas Seiko can be disappointing even infuriating with their disregard at times - but when they get it right - they really do and my 041 is perfect

View attachment 15881302
Thanks Simon....good to be back and excited for my “new” Seiko journey!

Reactions: Simon

·
Premium Member
7,026 Posts
Amazing what you notice, and forgive me for gushing a little here....

The 12, 6 and 9 have blue borders!
......and the seconds hand is a lollipop!

+8 seconds overnight, will see where we land when breakin is over.....

·
Premium Member
9,470 Posts
41 - 60 of 69 Posts