WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

301 - 320 of 366 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,026 Posts
To answer my own question, the strap arrived this morning. It was a very, very tight fit, but after a bit of manipulation, I have got the spring bars through. Lovely strap but requires a bit of breaking in.

View attachment 15883426
Oh boy, that is a nice combo!

can’t wait for mine, as I envisage this being my “summer” watch, I and I have a feeling it’s going to be a strap monster!

Reactions: Pun

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I think I've made up my mind. I would like to keep both but I like a small and nicely formed collecting and don't need two divers so I think the sla will be staying!

Enjoying the sailcloth look.
View attachment 15883933
Good decision in my opinion. It's a cool diver with ever-brilliant steel and quality movement. I'm sure if Seiko regulated the movement more tightly, that they could easily do, it would beat any Swiss watch by a mile in any department...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Good decision in my opinion. It's a cool diver with ever-brilliant steel and quality movement. I'm sure if Seiko regulated the movement more tightly, that they could easily do, it would beat any Swiss watch by a mile in any department...
Mine is less than 2 seconds a day out. I've always had poor luck with lesser seiko movements but found this level and above absolutely flawless.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #306 ·
Yes, 20mm. I did think the strap might turn up more at the edges where it passes through the lugs, but thankfully it's minimal.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wear mine on the blue waffle..great with a blue strap..but the waffle is a bit too long in my book so was looking for an alternative..wish Uncle Seiko did a blue tropic ...

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,026 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
What strap is this one mate? Another zuludiver? Looks good, think I'll get one.

View attachment 15886877
Are y’all using the OEM springbar? It is just too thick to get through the tropic I purchased. And while I have some thinner 19mm bars lying around, the pivots are also thinner than the OEM (which are approx 1.1mm). Closest I could find online to the SLA043s design was either a .8 or .9mm.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #314 ·
Are y’all using the OEM springbar? It is just too thick to get through the tropic I purchased. And while I have some thinner 19mm bars lying around, the pivots are also thinner than the OEM (which are approx 1.1mm). Closest I could find online to the SLA043s design was either a .8 or .9mm.
Yes bud, the standard 19mm fatty spring bars, you just have to use a bit of hand soap (or similar) on them and a gentle bit of persuasion and they push through the hole fine.

I bought 5 pairs of the standard 19mm fat spring bars from Uncle Seiko (Spring Bars) because it's not so easy to remove them from the straps once they've been forced through and at least that way they're already in the strap when you want to change it up.

·
Premium Member
7,026 Posts
Delivery app says arriving today....post me some pics to tide me over while playing the waiting game!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #317 ·
Delivery app says arriving today....post me some pics to tide me over while playing the waiting game!
You won't like it mate, you'd better send it back :rolleyes:

See, it's a horrible watch to look at..(not my photo)

301 - 320 of 366 Posts