·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Try the straps and bracelets forum.

Yes, you can cut a strap to fit, but I have no idea how to cleanly cut leather or to re-finish the edges or the stitching. Or you can have a strap made for this watch.

The straps and bracelets forum would have the answers.

I like that watch. It's a poor person's SARB. I have it on my wishlist but I, too, would want a strap made for it, and don't know how to go about doing that.

·
Registered
15,421 Posts
It's doable.
However, trimming a 24mm strap to fit 22mm lugs is one thing. "Trimming" a 20mm to fit a, what, 12mm lugs? is another.
Assuming those are the right measurements, you're gonna end up with 4mm "wings" on each side that are simply tagging along, without doing any structural work themselves. Those 4mm will not stay cantilevered for long.

This, therefore, will require you to put in a "stiffener" in the form of a bar (metal of course) just below the part that IS actually holding the spring bar.
If ya come ova to my house, I can show ya how to do it. :D

Otherwise, you might find some old threads in the Straps Section that tell ya how to do all this.
Good luck!

BTW, I have several SNKs, and I think they're all just great! So tiny, yet so humdingery!
Like those "short" guys on the basketball team: they may not always get the ball on the rebound, but they never miss a free throw; and can out-maneuver, out-dribble their taller peers to get in that layup shot.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have no idea how to cleanly cut leather or to re-finish the edges or the stitching.
From my Boy Scout days (fifty years ago), try using shoe dye of your choice of color (not "scuff coat") or (black) permanent ink. Apply very sparingly. I can't help with the stitching. That would, I think, depend on the strap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts