1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seiko, simple & elegant, $177 on Amazon

(pic from internet)
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Product

Summary: solid work, minor specks on the dial and the logo "5", no visible imperfections otherwise, I love those rounded teeth :)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Love it! Seiko pulls through with pride. Looks on par with the Zenith, which cost 40x more.

Reactions: curiousMan

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Love it! Seiko pulls through with pride. Looks on par with the Zenith, which cost 40x more.
I immediately thought of the Zenith when perusing these shots. Watch out Curious Man! Get someone else to start your car in the morning :)
You're doing great work here, vindicating the choices of many on this sub-forum.
Have you done a Hamilton, Mido or Certina yet?

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
That was surprisingly good. Punches well above it's weight, as many of us feel Seiko often does.

Another excellent review

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Pretty damn nice for a mere seiko 5. Great value.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I immediately thought of the Zenith when perusing these shots. Watch out Curious Man! Get someone else to start your car in the morning :)
You're doing great work here, vindicating the choices of many on this sub-forum.
Have you done a Hamilton, Mido or Certina yet?
thanks! :) I did Hamilton Khaki Navy GMT. Now I'd love to do some good old timey vintage, from 50s or so, Mido, Certina, Longines...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Printing and indices are not the smoothest. But it'd be impossible to expect otherwise at this price point.

Very sound and strong mechanically. No wonder the movement is bullet proof. It'd be interesting to compare with 6R15 and the higher-end models from Seiko.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
So both Orient and Seiko impress under the microscope...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts