WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a good-value military or simple pilot style watch for under $200. I LOVE the Stowa Airman, but this is going to be more of a secondary casual watch for me, and the Stowa is way out of my price range. These Seiko and Citizen watches that I found seem to both fit the bill and I was wondering if anyone had one of them or had an opinion on how to choose between the two. I figure if I put a nicer brown leather band on either watch, it will look enough like the Stowa to satisfy my needs. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
If you want to go to $310, which is still a good deal less expensive than the stowa, you can get this aristo: http://gnomonwatches.com/Aristo5h37.html

Of the two you posted, I prefer the Seiko. You cant really go wrong with either citizen or seiko! :)

·
Registered
749 Posts
I'm looking to get a good-value military or simple pilot style watch for under $200. I LOVE the Stowa Airman, but this is going to be more of a secondary casual watch for me, and the Stowa is way out of my price range. These Seiko and Citizen watches that I found seem to both fit the bill and I was wondering if anyone had one of them or had an opinion on how to choose between the two. I figure if I put a nicer brown leather band on either watch, it will look enough like the Stowa to satisfy my needs. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I have the fleiger II seiko(snk809k2) and I have held the citizen at the jewelry store. Citizen seems to give you a little more for your money 100m water resistance vs. 50m on seiko and Eco-drive vs. mechanical. But for the styling I would lean toward seiko. The sword hands on the seiko look better, IMO. I think you couldn't go wrong with either, so pick the one that you like better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the model BM8180-03E and really like it. Do not know the Sieko one, but highly recommend the Citizen. It is faultless, comfortable, and stylish in a casual way. Very easy to read, as you can tell from the pictures. Also, if your wrists are not large, this will be much more proportional than some larger faced watches. i have 6 watches I rotate wearing - Seiko, Fossil, etc..... and this Citizen is my favorite.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts