WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
279 Posts
UPDATE:

I was examining this watch a littler closer and under a direct light (flashlight) and I noticed that there appeared to be a thin "film" and a few finger prints on the inside of the crystal! Apparently, this one slipped past Seiko's QC. Now, this really wasn't apparent under normal viewing, but nevertheless, it was a little annoying to me (even considering the price/level of the watch).

So, I removed the case back, pulled the crown/stem, removed the movement and cleaned the crystal as best I could. I had never pulled an automatic movement out before, but with my limited tools and experience, it wasn't too hard, really. I tried to be as careful as possible, though. After reinstalling the parts as carefully and cleanly as I could, I have to say that again, under "normal" viewing it looks fine (the same), but up close and under direct light, it looks much better. It's not 100% perfect, but it's acceptable I guess. I'm not a watchmaker, and for the cost of this watch, I wasn't going to pay anyone to do it or send it out anywhere, either.

All-in-all, I think I will be able to live with the watch, now, especially considering that this is just going to be my "beater" watch, anyway.

One thing I will note, though, is that when I had the movement/dial removed, I noticed that (to me) the dial appeared to be just made of plastic as is the chapter ring. Again, I guess this is really not a surprise considering the price point of the watch, but it is worth noting.

(I will post back later when I can better comment on how accurate the movement is...)
Thanks for the review l. A really nice watch

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.