WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow Seiko dudes,I have long loved Seiko divers from the vintage 6105/6309/SKX series while owning a bunch of tunas and auto Marinemasters along the way.recently back into Seiko divers and since I sold off the herd a few years back I am starting over,however this time I want to stay with the bang for buck offerings like the SKX009J,Turtle re-issue SRP789.now these are and denote DIVERS on the dial and are ISO certified.okay,so as I was getting ready to purchase a stock jubilee 009 I caught a sweet looking blue dialed domed Xstal Seiko 5 divers STYLE 100m for sale on amazon.could it be?it has the handwinding and hackable 4R35 movement for139.00,while Seiko still opts for the 7S26 non-handwinding non-hackable in their REAL 200.00 divers.most people that rock the SKX/SRP are not actual divers anyway but its nice to know in your heart you have the real deal.in the opinion of the forum members does the Seiko 5 improved movement and radiant blue dial offset the extra 100m of water resist the SKX line offers?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
negative,jomashop and amazon list the guts as 4R35 on the SNZH53 while 009 7S26.yeah if you Mod the watch okay, but I like em bone stock.

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
24,625 Posts
in the opinion of the forum members does the Seiko 5 improved movement and radiant blue dial offset the extra 100m of water resist the SKX line offers?
Nah.

Longer answer: “radiant blue dial” isn’t as easy to read as a matte black dial; hacking and handwinding are overrated on mechanical watches unless you’re commanding your platoon’s night raid; the SNZH53’s more-than-passing resemblance to the Fifty Fathoms dims any unique identity it could have had.

·
Registered
36,322 Posts

·
Registered
36,322 Posts
negative,jomashop and amazon list the guts as 4R35 on the SNZH53 while 009 7S26.yeah if you Mod the watch okay, but I like em bone stock.
Joma and Amazon are wrong. 7S36 inside the SNZH53

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I've got both & both have the excellent 7s movement.
Very different watches:The SKX is a true diver with a rich history & the 5 is a very capable all-rounder with a vintage look about it.
I very much enjoy owning both & confirm the 82 million threads about the superb Seiko "bang for buck".

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nah.

Longer answer: “radiant blue dial” isn’t as easy to read as a matte black dial; hacking and handwinding are overrated on mechanical watches unless you’re commanding your platoon’s night raid; the SNZH53’s more-than-passing resemblance to the Fifty Fathoms dims any unique identity it could have had.
Hacking for the precision raid, handwinding to avoid detection. Wildly swinging arms to charge the reserve tends to attract attention ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts