WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have the SPB153 (green) captain willard on order. Should receive it toward the end of this month. I'm already shopping for straps but I'm having a difficult time finding bracelet options. I have Uncle Seiko straps for a few of my other watches and love the quality. However, he doesn't have a bracelet available for the SPB153 yet. So, have you guys seen any aftermarket bracelets available?

Thanks.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the OEM....just wasn't sure how difficult it would be to source. I'll ask the AD I'm buying the watch at and see what it would cost.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I emailed uncle seiko and he said they are working on a solution. Not sure about strapcode, but you are probably right. I’ll just be patient and wait for both an aftermarket bracelet and the new watch ;)

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
I emailed uncle seiko and he said they are working on a solution. Not sure about strapcode, but you are probably right. I’ll just be patient and wait for both an aftermarket bracelet and the new watch ;)
Any aftermarket bracelet will not be as nice as the OEM, especially the end links.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Any aftermarket bracelet will not be as nice as the OEM, especially the end links.
Not sure I agree with this. The endlink fit on mine is pretty sloppy - which is my only little gripe with an otherwise outstanding watch. My guess is that strapcode will come out with some options that will fit tighter. The color probably won't be a perfect match because of the diashield coating though.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Not sure I agree with this. The endlink fit on mine is pretty sloppy - which is my only little gripe with an otherwise outstanding watch. My guess is that strapcode will come out with some options that will fit tighter. The color probably won't be a perfect match because of the diashield coating though.
I wasn’t referring to the fit but to the detail/shape on the end links. They will look molded which is not pleasingly aesthetic at all. You get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you guys seen the end links that uncle seiko uses on the turtles? I have one on my wrist now and they are amazing! Hopefully it has the same feel when he releases a captain Willard bracelet

·
Premium Member
8,020 Posts
I have the 151 with the bracelet. It clangs a little when you are putting it in, but once on it feels great and is not noisy. There are people out there with 151’s that don’t like bracelets and put theirs out for sale. GET ONE. One of their best bracelets since the gen 1 Monster.

Reactions: rcorreale

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have the 151 with the bracelet. It clangs a little when you are putting it in, but once on it feels great and is not noisy. There are people out there with 151’s that don’t like bracelets and put theirs out for sale. GET ONE. One of their best bracelets since the gen 1 Monster.
Yep, I contacted a member yesterday who I found on the 151/153 thread mentioning he wasn’t wearing his and bought it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am looking for the after market bracelet as well. The code for the original bracelet is M197113H0 some web sell it for 290usd. Do you think the mini turtle bracelet would fit? As the are more readily available

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am looking for the after market bracelet as well. The code for the original bracelet is M197113H0 some web sell it for 290usd. Do you think the mini turtle bracelet would fit? As the are more readily available

I reached out to Strapcode last night. Wanted to know if they have plans to make bracelet options for the new captain willard. They recently released a number of options for the SPB147 that look amazing. Hopefully they will do something similar for the willard. I'll post the response if I receive something.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts