WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Seiko Speedtimer Bullhead but couldn't find any information on the signs I found in the date. It says THU for THUrsday and so on, but every second date a sign like the ones marked with an arrow comes up. Anybody can explain that to me please? :-s
DSCN2906mod.jpg DSCN2906.jpg

·
Registered
309 Posts
Seiko's have 'dual' language day wheels. Every other day is English or Japanese or Arabic?. If you're watch is stuck on the wrong language, just advance it to an english date. The movement advances two dates every night to keep it on the same language.

Here is a pic of a different Seiko, but the date wheel is the same. English->Spanish alternating days. Notice the two RED sundays Dom & Sun.

a2edee9b20c59d93f3b822e33a50b1d3.jpg

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
It's certainly not Japanese, so must be Arabic.

Couldn't tell you what day you're on, but I'm sure if you leave it on there long enough, you'll soon enough be able to figure it out!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! I assume it is Arabic as I would recognize Japanese. Could you tell me what this watch is worth? I mean if I would sell it, where and for how much could I sell it?
Thx

·
Registered
309 Posts
Don't really know value. On e-bay they go for $100-300-ish depending on condition, originality, and location.

Reproduction parts are readily available on ebay. Look for 6138, 6139, bullhead, speedtimer, etc. Crystals, hands, dials, bezels, gaskets, pushers, crowns are all available. Date wheels are not reproduced nor are cases, movements, stems, casebacks, and bracelets.

·
Banned
1,112 Posts
i have a seiko speedtimer bullhead but couldn't find any information on the signs i found in the date. It says thu for thursday and so on, but every second date a sign like the ones marked with an arrow comes up. Anybody can explain that to me please? :-s
View attachment 376587 View attachment 376588
it means this is a very dangerous watch! You must get rid of it immediately: Please mail it to me asap and i will ensure it is disposed of properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts