WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone

This is my first review but not my first watch.

I bought my first Seiko in February this year and then second and third in months after. Right now I am an owner of total 12 pieces in just half a year :-d My wife thought I was crazy. She just doesn't understand how unstoppable my urge to get these (and those coming) time pieces.

I got this SCVE001 by chance after I failed to find the SCVS013. At that time, I had just won an auction for Seiko Riki AAAA001, and I felt that needed one more minimal dress watch. i browsed a lot of pages and sites to find a minimal seiko, I found one suggestion for SCVS013 in the forum. But it had been discontinued for years so I can't find any. Then I found a review about SCVE005, the red sun was a big hit for me. I looked for it in all the Web stores but not a single one available.I was so desperated, I went to a boutique department store in Bangkok to find another choice from this year collection (maybe the Premier line, I thought).

And there it is

This watch just sit there in shop under my nose. The clerk told me that this was one of a few still available in Thailand. Without second thought, I bought it and sent pics to my friends told them to get one.

Now no more letters let's see the pictures

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Silver

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Material property

What I Like
  • Very Dressy: I put on a Milanese loop bracelet and you see how it look
  • 4r Movement: very functional in affordable price
  • Versatile: put a Nato Cloth on it and this dressy will become super sporty, nothing can go wrong with 10 BAR water resistance

What I Think would be better to have

• 20 mm lug. 18 mm just to small for a 40 mm dial. I can put on some 20 mm strap but some cannot
  • Protection film, coating or something to prevent the scratches on dials. As you see this one equipped a super high dome hardlex so it is prone to scratches. I have to buy a film just to wrap it before wearing.

And that's it for my review, hope you like this watch like I do

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
A little update.

After weeks of keep it running, this watch is about +5/-10 per day and I have just noticed that its date changes exactly at 12.00.

I have tried it with a nato strap from blushark's Alphashark series, which make it a lot more fun to wear.

^ ^

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.