WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this watch yesterday at a vintage market and couldn't leave without it. Apart from the crack in the crystal, the watch is in great condition for an almost 50 year old watch. I believe this watch may be from the late 60's? It was the dial that did it for me, with its brilliant raised indices. On the wrist, which admittedly has been mostly in bed last night, I estimate it to be running +6s per day, which I think is excellent. The bracelet is an ok jubilee which is comfortable enough but I doubt it is the original band as it is not signed on the clasp.

I first thought there may had been something broken in the movement as the date didn't quick set. I originally adjusted the date by moving the time past midnight then back to 9pm (where you can feel a little click) then back again past midnight (and repeat... and repeat). After some searching it turns out that I am doing this correctly as this movement doesn't quick set.

I quite enjoy the sound of the watch winding as my wrist moves. I don't really get an audible sound with my SKX007.

Please excuse the bad photos and the dirty watch and bracelet. I was keen to snap some pics late last night after I got home and adjusted the bracelet. I'll clean it properly and get the camera out in the near future.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Nice watch. It could be a late 1960's or a early 1970's. What are the first 2 numbers on the serial number. No that is not the original band. It originally had a band with curved end links if it came with a bracelet if not it came on a leather strap.

Nevertheless, the band on the watch now looks good and it probably more comfortable then the original one(some of these 1960's-1970's metal bands were real hair pullers)

The crack is probably the biggest downside to the acrylic crystal but the good news is unless you are wearing it while doing rough things, the crack should not get any bigger.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
May of 1968. The 7625 movement beats at 18,000 bph. The 25 means date only movement. If they made a 7626 it would have a day/date.

It beats my oldest Seiko by one year. I have Lordmatic from 1969.

Typical Seiko that it would be almost 50 years old and still keeping great time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts