WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi ya folks,
I just received my Seiko Sportura Chronograph SNAE67P1 in the mail a few hours ago. Loaded up my SLR and took some pics for ya.
My initial impression when i opened the box and held the Seiko in my hand is how sturdy it feels and shiny. Looks way better in person then the pics on the internet..Its just a gorgeous watch with that black casing and yellow stitched leather band.
The back casin looks like an armored personnel carrier. The Minute and second hand align perfectly with the markers. What you expect from a medium to high end Seiko watch.
I hope you enjoy the show

DSC01376.jpg DSC01368.jpg DSC01373.jpg DSC01358.jpg DSC01371.jpg

Wrist shot
100_4105.JPG

·
Registered
231 Posts
It could be because your files are too large. When I had taken some hires pictures of my watch the files were about 2 MB. I had to reduce the quality of the JPGs. I was able to upload a file that was 391KB without an issue. Good luck.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could be because your files are too large. When I had taken some hires pictures of my watch the files were about 2 MB. I had to reduce the quality of the JPGs. I was able to upload a file that was 391KB without an issue. Good luck.
Yeah your right..I just figured it out and reduced them to 1.5mb...they were at 3.4mb each lol...

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
That is one good lookin Chrono. Enjoy!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just bought one from a seller in this forum. I've been looking at this watch online for weeks, and found an awesome price and had to "pull the trigger" as they say. I should have it by Thursday.

How is the size? Would you say it's about a 44? To the OP - are you happy with it after four weeks of ownership?

Thanks!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just bought one from a seller in this forum. I've been looking at this watch online for weeks, and found an awesome price and had to "pull the trigger" as they say. I should have it by Thursday.

How is the size? Would you say it's about a 44? To the OP - are you happy with it after four weeks of ownership?

Thanks!
Shall i say you chosen wisely...Its a gorgeous watch that get lots of attention on the wrist. Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating to start with...
Its 45mm excluding crown...Perfect size.
I couldnt be happier with that sportura i tell you that much...

Regards

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
If I remember correctly you also got a Sportura SPC003 before, and your pics of it (on the same background in fact, again IIRC) hypnotized me into buying one. I guess I have to stay away from your pictorial threads. Just kidding, let's see which one among this and the long term target SNDA59 gets on my impulsive side first... I seem to have a strange taste for contrasting dual-tone color schemes on chronographs especially on the straps.

About the market positioning of this watch: I am sure some people would say this is not a mid end Seiko - for them Prospexes (i.e Sumo, Tuna) are mid end. I do not care since this watch is high end enough for me even if it is quartz and is priced below USD 500. That blackened caseback is HAWT ah tell ya!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I remember correctly you also got a Sportura SPC003 before, and your pics of it (on the same background in fact, again IIRC) hypnotized me into buying one. I guess I have to stay away from your pictorial threads. Just kidding, let's see which one among this and the long term target SNDA59 gets on my impulsive side first... I seem to have a strange taste for contrasting dual-tone color schemes on chronographs especially on the straps.

About the market positioning of this watch: I am sure some people would say this is not a mid end Seiko - for them Prospexes (i.e Sumo, Tuna) are mid end. I do not care since this watch is high end enough for me even if it is quartz and is priced below USD 500. That blackened caseback is HAWT ah tell ya!
Get the orange version of the VELATURA..Its such a beast the SNDA59...

Well there is nothing wrong with Quarts realy..But im an automatic guy...And can you imagine if it was sporting a Knitec movement...But the 7T62 mov is just dead accurate.

Strange I have only Sportura, the SNAE67P1 you see here...Maybe it was my Yellow and black eco drive or one of my TX.
100_4271.jpg DSC01351.jpg DSC01307.jpg

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
rabihz24, here's the picture I mentioned. Turns out they belong to another user, MG Designs. On second glance the background is also different - brick floors! LOL this is embarrassing. About the Velatura I'm still undecided which one to get and when. Maybe eventually both in the long run :-d

Seiko-SPC003-4.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
wow...very interested in this watch and im wondering if my 6inch wrist and fit it..and possibly look good on it? thanks :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
....Hi. have you tried the alarm yet ?
I've had this watch last week as a present, the alarm is so quiet you have to hold the watch against your ear to hear a faint tinkle sound.....not good
I think a watch with an alarm is very useful, so for that reason its back in the box for me.
altho it dose look good.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
....Hi. have you tried the alarm yet ?
I've had this watch last week as a present, the alarm is so quiet you have to hold the watch against your ear to hear a faint tinkle sound.....not good
I think a watch with an alarm is very useful, so for that reason its back in the box for me.
altho it dose look good.
Your battery may just be on the way out. I bet if you changed it, it would be louder...

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
How sensitive are the pushers? The pix from the OP shows the pushers are very pronounce. I had a chrono once & had to reset the date & day frequently due to the same problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts