WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This is my first post on this Forum so forgive me should my question be naive.

I have taken a liking to the Grand Seiko Spring Drive. In particular the SBGA001. Can anyone enlighten me as to the difference in quality between the 9R65 Calibre used in this model and Calibres used in the standard Seiko Spring Drive models such as the Calibre 5R65 & 5R67. I was of the understanding that the Grand Seiko models represented Seiko's highest quality of manufacture. Is this correct for the Spring Drive Calibres?

Further to this, if the Calibre 9R65 is indeed finished to a higher quality then the Calibre 5R65 & 5R67 why then are the accuracy specifications the same at +/- 1 second per day?

Regards
Harper

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi all,

This is my first post on this Forum so forgive me should my question be naive.

I have taken a liking to the Grand Seiko Spring Drive. In particular the SBGA001. Can anyone enlighten me as to the difference in quality between the 9R65 Calibre used in this model and Calibres used in the standard Seiko Spring Drive models such as the Calibre 5R65 & 5R67. I was of the understanding that the Grand Seiko models represented Seiko's highest quality of manufacture. Is this correct for the Spring Drive Calibres?

Further to this, if the Calibre 9R65 is indeed finished to a higher quality then the Calibre 5R65 & 5R67 why then are the accuracy specifications the same at +/- 1 second per day?

Regards
Harper
Hi Harper, the 5r65 shows only the time and date, the 5r67 shows only time and moonphase, the 9r65 and 5r65 is the same but the 5r65 is has less components. Don't count on this post being correct, this is what I think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts