WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was out for a walk, the weather was fabulous and I took some time out to relax in the sun shine and looked at the Spring Drive in close detail. I found myself transfixed by the movement of the hands sweeping over the dial, it was a unique feeling relaxing out in a field and watching the horizon and seeing time go buy then it hit me that the promo video on the Spring Drive indeed does give you the feeling of the watch being so natural as its hands sweep across the face............ I wanted to say I actually felt the same way watching it.

20 minutes later I decided to recommence my walk :)

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Just wonder which spring drive you have?

I would like one myself, but just can't bring myself to drop so much money on just one piece!

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
https://www.watchuseek.com/f21/seiko-springdrive-sps003-426875.html Actual pictures of my SPS003 are listed in this thread.

They are allot of money, but ....... if you love fine engineering that is the top of the mechanical tree then a Spring Drive is the only thing that will satisfy you, just a matter of picking which one fits your style. I soon forgot the price I paid once I saw it and held it in my own hands, every day it amazes me with its quality, detail and most of all precision.

The sweep of the hands though is unique, I find myself appreciating time so much more now :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
https://www.watchuseek.com/f21/seiko-springdrive-sps003-426875.html Actual pictures of my SPS003 are listed in this thread.

They are allot of money, but ....... if you love fine engineering that is the top of the mechanical tree then a Spring Drive is the only thing that will satisfy you, just a matter of picking which one fits your style. I soon forgot the price I paid once I saw it and held it in my own hands, every day it amazes me with its quality, detail and most of all precision.

The sweep of the hands though is unique, I find myself appreciating time so much more now :)
+1

Here's my SD Ananta chrono, which I connect with on many different levels...

• There's almost a Zen-like relaxation quaility to seeing the gear train and hands move in a truly continuous, fluid motion.
  • It's somehwat steampunk with its oversized crown and pushers, and the very unique technology involved.
  • It's an ingenious wearable kinetic sculpture that keeps excellent time.
  • It's a symbiote that feeds off my life force and comes alive as long as I'm wearing it.
  • It's a chick magnet!

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turning into a SD pictorial tribute thread b-) Here is mine, common to all of us who have posted I totally love everything about my watch, but most of all its principle of operation and how it works. To see this ultimate mastery of mechanical watch making smoothly sweep its hands across the dial is a sight to behold.

·
6,887 Posts
Cool thread b-)

IMO Spring Drives are awesome!!! I love the movement....killer accuracy and the smoothest second hand sweep in the industry. I've had my SD600m for almost 4 years and I have to say I'm still mezmorized by the smoothness of the second hand.

One thing for sure weather it's a Spring Drive GS, Galante, Azul, Ananta, or Prospex you're going to have one of the best watches ever made.

My SD600m says hello;-)

My next watch will be a Spring Drive as well....SBDB003 LandMaster :-!

Cheers
Shannon

·
Registered
129 Posts
Another SD owner here! Mine is a mesmerizing SPS009, and just like all of you I find myself staring at it many times a day. My two only regrets about buying this watch are: I don't have the boxset anymore, and I can't use the watch daily. So, when I am not wearing it, I am thinking of it! :-d

·
Registered
640 Posts
Ditto on the mesmerizing second-hand, the spot-on accuracy, and having a high-end watch that is stealthy. While I've enjoyed the Rolex, Omega, and Zenith pieces I've owned, and recognize them as fine timepieces, I like the "under the radar" presentation of my Spring-Drive Seikos. I prefer not to have my watches make a statement of who I am, but rather to have them to enjoy for their appearance, technology, and functionality.

In addition to the pieces pictured above, I've had the black-dialed US model GMT as well as the US model limited edition titanium chronograph. Both are gone, as is the 600m diver.

My Grand Seiko GMT has not been off of my wrist since I got it about one month ago, and I'm loving both of my Spring Drives.

The Spring-Drives are attractive and functional, as well as providing a truly revolutionary technology on your wrist.

Ron

·
Banned
2,637 Posts
Can I honestly ask you is the GS diver GMT to nice for a everyday watch? It looks super formal so I don't know if it would look good with some marks on it. Thanks ahead of time!
Ditto on the mesmerizing second-hand, the spot-on accuracy, and having a high-end watch that is stealthy. While I've enjoyed the Rolex, Omega, and Zenith pieces I've owned, and recognize them as fine timepieces, I like the "under the radar" presentation of my Spring-Drive Seikos. I prefer not to have my watches make a statement of who I am, but rather to have them to enjoy for their appearance, technology, and functionality.

In addition to the pieces pictured above, I've had the black-dialed US model GMT as well as the US model limited edition titanium chronograph. Both are gone, as is the 600m diver.

My Grand Seiko GMT has not been off of my wrist since I got it about one month ago, and I'm loving both of my Spring Drives.

The Spring-Drives are attractive and functional, as well as providing a truly revolutionary technology on your wrist.

Ron

·
6,887 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I've owned my Ananta Spring Drive GMT for close to 10 months now. I have to admit that it doesn't quite have the same appeal as it did when I first got it, but there's no denying that it's a high quality piece with a very unique movement. The Ananta is a keeper in my collection for sure .

·
Registered
640 Posts
Can I honestly ask you is the GS diver GMT to nice for a everyday watch? It looks super formal so I don't know if it would look good with some marks on it. Thanks ahead of time!
Just to be clear, the GS GMT (SBGE001) is the piece on the right. The center watch is the US GMT.

Having said that, the GS with the black bezel seems perfect to me for everyday wear. The scratches on my watches tend to be on the bezel, and the ceramic bezel on the GS GMT seems to be scratch resistant. Worst case, the bezel can be replaced.

The white dialed US version GMT is a sctratc-magnet on the bezel but they always come out with a Cape Cod work over.

Ron

·
Registered
327 Posts
And why not?

As it happens, I AM married. And my Spring Drive is wife-approved... so she's a keeper too! :-!
hahahaha, but it's a whole different scenario when your meeting girls and watches are not the first topic, second topic, or even a topic for a few weeks. She may have enough of an eye to notice a Seiko --- but think you got it at Macy's. I typically wear a G-6900 (I've had more than one girl ask if I was in the military based on my haircut, build, and G-Shock; with her even grabbing my wrist).
But in Southern California, I've noticed the best to stick with for female attention are; Omegas (seamaster), the more recoginizable Tags, Breitlings, Rolex and Panerais. Depending on your area of Southern California, it's a subtle touch

·
Registered
915 Posts
I've owned my Ananta Spring Drive GMT for close to 10 months now. I have to admit that it doesn't quite have the same appeal as it did when I first got it
I think you will find that's the case with most anything we buy, from a high-tech car, to a gadget, to a watch. I think that's what makes us human, to strive for more and to not stay content.

I have a few watches I really, really wanted and I purchased them only to find that after a while were kind of boring. Then I started looking for a newer watch, got that and same thing. I'm sure that once I get my Spring Drive that it'll be the same.

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
I think you will find that's the case with most anything we buy, from a high-tech car, to a gadget, to a watch. I think that's what makes us human, to strive for more and to not stay content.

I have a few watches I really, really wanted and I purchased them only to find that after a while were kind of boring. Then I started looking for a newer watch, got that and same thing. I'm sure that once I get my Spring Drive that it'll be the same.
I find that some of my watches have stayed interesting to me. My Frogman definitely. Also my Samurai, Sumo and Crystron 600 m.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts