WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read a swedish newspaper the other day that had an add for Seiko Spring Drive. Whats that, sounded like a new thing but they have had mechanics before in there production? What´s the fuss?

I´m in the future thinking of buying a top notch mechanic dress watch since I plan on doing that every decade:-D . Last expensive buy, in my budget at least, was a Oris Big crown 2001, and Seiko would be a good alternative for me since Omegas, Breitlings and such are so well known as high end. The Oris is, and a Seiko would be, not very obvious premium choiche for most people her in Sweden. That I like. I want something special but not necessarily the world to know about my weird affection:p

Regards

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The Seiko Spring Drive is probably the biggest evolution in mechanical watch movements since the auto winding mechanism.

Search the web for info and be sure to check this link:

http://www.timezone.com/library/rdnotebook/200509073623

I have a Spring Drive Seiko Marine Master on order from Japan now and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival.
Thank you so much for the tip, really fascinating and time saving - I dont have to go to the store and check it out, cause it´ll be in the same price league as a Patek when I try to buy it:-D

Regards
Erik

ps But you´ll never no when the bug is on you:p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts