WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm looking to buy a Seiko Sprit SCVS003 in the New Year and wondered what fellow forumers thought of them. Also if any owners could write a few words - general impressions, reliabilty, any issues - that kind of thing, I'd be very grateful. And lastly, to keep me going until next year, could you post some pics please. Many thanks in anticipation.

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
My digital camera is broken otherwise I would post some pics.

I have had my Seiko spirit for a few months now and I would say it is one of the best deals Seiko has to offer as far as bang for buck.

The watch has a fit and finish of a watch costing many hundreds of dollars more. It is extremely accurate. I have not timed it against a digital source but for my needs is very accurate. The weight of the watch and bracelet reminds me of an Omega. The dial is a deep glossy black. The hands are awesome and the raised silver markers accent the watch nicely. The deployment clasp is a nice touch.

The sapphire crystal and mineral glass case back finish the watch nicely. I can't say anything bad about the watch specially at its price. The 6R movement hacks and works very well. It is not a high beat movement but has a nice decorated finish.

All I can say is you will be impressed. It is a small diameter watch but has a good wrist presence at 37mm. 100m depth resistance is also a plus.

Buy it and you will love it. It is a dress style watch that will put to shame many others that cost much more!!

Robzilla

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Robzilla

I read yours and other posts on the Spirit and decided I couldn't wait until the New Year, so I ordered mine from Seiyajapan yesterday. Justified by the favourable $ to £ ratio at the moment and my complete lack of patience. ;-)

So hopefully come January I'll have another new watch it my grubby mits. I'll post some pics when it arrives.

Thanks again and have a great Christmas.

Cheers

santasmile Gary

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Gary,

Glad to feed impatiencesantasmile.

I know what it is like my friend! ;-)

I think you will be very happy with the Seiko. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you!! At least you will be starting the year out with a nice new watch!:-!

Robzilla

·
Registered
42 Posts
Robzilla has said all the things. Remember to get a good strap. The SCVS003 looks better with a black strap. Just a few old pictures for you while you are waiting! Happy holidays!santasmile

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Robzilla has said all the things. Remember to get a good strap. The SCVS003 looks better with a black strap. Just a few old pictures for you while you are waiting! Happy holidays!santasmile

Wow that's some collection, I take it you like Seiko's then? Many thanks for the pics that should keep me going until my Spirit arrives, it left Tokyo this morning so not long know hopefully. I really like the black leather/alligator deployment combo can I ask what it is and where you got it from?

Many thanks in anticipation and have a great Christmas.

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wow that's some collection, I take it you like Seiko's then? Many thanks for the pics that should keep me going until my Spirit arrives, it left Tokyo this morning so not long know hopefully. I really like the black leather/alligator deployment combo can I ask what it is and where you got it from?

Many thanks in anticipation and have a great Christmas.

Cheers

Gary
Hi Gary,
Yes, I am a Seiko lover and sure you will be addicted to it soon :) . The strap ia a Bro strap. I forget the model name buy it was out of production for long time. Most of my straps and deployants are from Kenny at http://www.fredawatchstraps.com/
Enjoy and wear your new watch with good health!
chiukh2007

1 - 7 of 7 Posts