WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the Seiko 5 Sport Automatic Diver SRP229 as a vacation diver.

Can someone tell me the size of the case. I found sites that list it at 46mm and 44mm.

I am looking at the SRP229K1 model. Any wrist shots also?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Great info. I was really hopping it was 44mm. At 48mm and with that thickness it will look silly on a 7 inch wrist.

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
I'm rocking a 6.75" wrist and I don't think it's too big. Its getting there, but it's definitely not too big. But then again I'm not ocd like that, if I like it I'm gonna wear it whether or not it's too big or to small. Within reason of course!

It wears different than a Tuna because of the lugs, so I guess it does kinda wear big, in that aspect. But overall I don't see it as a huge watch. Probably my biggest alongside my Deep Blue All Purpose.

Ever since the SS shroud was just a twinkle in someone's eye, I've often wondered if this SRP case could be machined down to more Tuna-like lugs. There looks like there'd be plenty of room to carve out a bit deeper under the case, and shave down the lugs themselves and reposition the springbar holes. It'd probably take more work than it'd be worth, but I'm only dreaming anyway.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm rocking a 6.75" wrist and I don't think it's too big. Its getting there, but it's definitely not too big. But then again I'm not ocd like that, if I like it I'm gonna wear it whether or not it's too big or to small. Within reason of course!

It wears different than a Tuna because of the lugs, so I guess it does kinda wear big, in that aspect. But overall I don't see it as a huge watch. Probably my biggest alongside my Deep Blue All Purpose.

Ever since the SS shroud was just a twinkle in someone's eye, I've often wondered if this SRP case could be machined down to more Tuna-like lugs. There looks like there'd be plenty of room to carve out a bit deeper under the case, and shave down the lugs themselves and reposition the springbar holes. It'd probably take more work than it'd be worth, but I'm only dreaming anyway.
Thanks for your input. I had a Deep Blue Juggernaut ii and sold it because of the size. It was too big and top heavy for me. I have a Breitling SOH at 46 and it fits nicely because of the way the lugs are.

I find the sweet spot for me is 44mm for a diver with 46mm being a max. I am talking w/o crown here. At 48mm w/o crown, it's pushing my comfort limit too far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts