WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked this up and noticed few reviews, so I figured I'd put one up here.

First of all, I didn't notice its dimensions until after I'd purchased it. Most places list the case diameter at 45mm, which is much bigger than I like usually. I could've returned it, but I wanted to give it a whirl. The nice thing about a Seiko 5 series is that you can actually afford to flip at a loss and be ok. Try doing that with a Rolex and you're toast!

The Case: it's a substantial, chunky, maybe a bit heavy. Wears well. It's a watch that won't go unnoticed.

Comfort: I'm used to a titanium watch. This watch reminds me of its presence, but it works.

Functionality: Bezel is really nice. Solid clicks, easy unidirectional turns. This is important to me. I like to go running, and time it, so the bezel needs to work. This one does!

Legibility: Easy to read. I like the minute gradations on the bezel. No missing gradations like on the SKX's.

Value: Are you kidding? For just over $100 you get a solid workhorse movement, great lume, and a stylish diver. The only reason they don't get more respect is that they're too inexpensive!

Here's a pic:

As you can see, it's chunky. My wrist is about 7.25" (not a baby). So, this is, for lack of a better expression, a big boy watch. If you're a shy watch guy, this won't work. It's no Invicta, but it's no Air King either!

Thanks for reading. I'll try and monitor this thread for song requests and life advice. Here's a freebie (if you like classical like Arvo Part): Dobrinka Tabakova "Longing". Look it up on a music site, it's good.

Kind Regards,

Ben

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Love that bezel. I'm a huge marathon lover so that could be why!:). Great write up and great watch.

·
Banned
404 Posts
Have to agree with you Ben. No need to spend big bucks to get a decent watch, the lume is very good like it's bigger brothers. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,088 Posts
Looks cool. I haven't seen one of these before. Post a few more pics?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts