WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello WatchuSeek,

My first post!

I've just purchased a Seiko SSC019P1. I had the bracelet adjusted by a jeweller, but it seems his young assistant did the job. They now cannot find the collars that they need to re-insert into the strap to keep the pins in.

I obviously took my watch away, and am going to a new jeweller. But, I was told that it is tricky to get new collars for this watch as not even Seiko stocks them in Japan.

Would a good jeweller have such collars available? Is is a "Standard" item to keep in stock?

Should I try a low-tech solution and glue the pins into place? Will this do the trick, do you think?

I appreciate ANY and ALL assistance in this matter!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
NO don't use glue! I change these myself, it is fairly simple with some basic tools and a big clear work space that you can find tiny parts on. My question to you is, Did you have links removed for sizing? Because if you did, use the pin/collars from the spare links to remedy the mistake. Good luck!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't think I would glue them in. Did they remove some links because you might try taking the pin and collar from the links that have been removed and use them. Just a thought

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
ask them to look at the pusher tool: often the collars are all stacked up on the shaft of the tool, that's why they did not see them to reinstall them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sadly, they "misplaced" the collars apparently. By the time I had noticed the pins were pushing through (and falling out), it was too late. I went to the jeweller and I spoke to them. They searched the workshop, but the collars were nowhere to be found. Just my luck!!

What do I do now?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Tell the Jeweler to replace your band because they are incompetent. Maybe try contacting a Seiko Service Center near you, maybe they will send you new collars. Honestly its such a simple job the tool costs less than $5. Do it yourself, PM me and I will walk you through it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Contact seiko as noted above. I was missing 2 collars for my black monster bracelet and I called seiko and they provided me a new band for free! I was floored and told them I just needed the collars but they said they didn't have them separately. I'm very impressed with their service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you to everyone for the replies. It is greatly appreciated. I will contact the Seiko Service Center on Monday morning.

Thank you, once again!

·
Premium Member
64,774 Posts
Evan, misplacing these tiny collars is so common that I believe that Seiko service centres carry them so they should be able to help you. If not there's a firm in the U.S. that supplies similar things so if you have no luck with the service centre PM me and I will look the web address of the firm up (me - forget it - as if)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts