WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
DWC 1701 Pontchartrain Great Lakes Edition GMT Dive
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent my Stargate in to COSERV for a repair estimate. Ironic that it had to go to NJ since I was at Fort Dix (in NJ) for training when the bezel pip popped off. Anyway, they quoted me to replace the entire bezel ($100 and change), rather than just the pip. This seems rather excessive to me.

Anyone know if the pips are available through other sources or if there are other compatible bezels? I cannot see spending $100 to replace the entire bezel when the pip attachment seems a weak point in the system. :think:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hello there,
Get in touch with Rob at Monster Watches in the Netherlands ([email protected]). He is an absolute excellent man and can source this part for your Seiko.
The last bezel and insert I bought from him a couple of weeks ago was $23. Fast shipping, usually about a week. He is the man to buy these parts from and is an active member over at the SCTF.
You won't be dissapointed.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you much! Composing an email right now. ;-)

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Sadly, this is par for the course.
Seiko only sells/replaces complete bezels; the do not sell/replace inserts or pips. :(

As suggested; there are other folks much more obliging and at more reasonable rates :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
The bezel costs the same as only the "Stargate"-trapezium... The bezel of the white one is not available here, the bezel of the black one is about 45 euro.
I have seen a mod with a Sarb059 bezel, it fits so it seems (I thought it would be to big).

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bezel costs the same as only the "Stargate"-trapezium... The bezel of the white one is not available here, the bezel of the black one is about 45 euro.
I have seen a mod with a Sarb059 bezel, it fits so it seems (I thought it would be to big).
Thank you sir!

How would I go about placing an order?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I will replay your mail on Sunday, I need to get quotes from Seiko on parts. The bezel of the skz323 is too expensive, I saw that before and I was not amused. The others are not cheap, but doable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts