WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to show off my recent acquisition. Just arrived today. Haven't seen anything from this line before. Picked up off the auction site for a good price.

This is all the history I could find on 'the great blue' series: Seiko’s humble classic: The Great Blue series

Mine is an SNG437, I believe. Has a sapphire crystal, solid links, including solid end links, and a nice solid buckle. 7n42 movement, so should be easily replaceable if needed. Clean. Seems accurate so far. Crystal looks good. Lume is still pretty strong. 39mm w/out crown. 20mm lugs.

The serial number happens to be a little ominous. 19****. So, Sept 2001 manufacturing date, if I'm not mistaken.

I'll be wearing it to the BBQ this evening.

· Registered
53 Posts
I had the chronograph version with the leather strap. I sold it for a pittance ($150) several years ago before I was into watches. I would consider re-buying if I can find a good used one (hard to come by). Enjoy your purchase!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.